Fresh Grow From Scratch. Using Methods Born Here!

• Thread starter Bob Boulders
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bob Boulders

Hello all!

I'm a new user but not a new grower, love this community. I've been pouring through threads and there is a wealth of priceless info on this forum, I had to sign up!

I've been doing a lot of research on methods and products and I kept finding my way back to thcfarmer. For this grow I will be using a variety of methods that have been well detailed in this forum. A special shout out to Cap, your awesome man you give great advice and seem to always be there to help people out!

The methods include:

1. Jacks hydroponic nutrient line run in DTW.

2. Small pot hydroponic drain to waste. Hoping for 3+ feedings per day in full flower.

3. And of course CAPs bennies. If the testimonials are half true this is probably the most valuable plant supplement on the market.

The Equipment:
I will be growing in a 6x6 tent w/ canfan thermostatics. 16 total plants in 5L pots in 4 32x30 OD washing machine trays (fuck spending $60 a tray). Again this is all DTW coco, maybe chow mix haven't decided yet.

Flower lights: 2x1000W Gavita, Hortistar refelctors w/ USHIO optireds, 2x430W 8 lamp t5s 6500K. Dual spectrum rocks the house... period.

The Nutrients:
Jack's Hydroponic, Calcnit, Epsom, Bloom Booster (start at week 3)
something like 2.5/1.7/.5/0 veg and 2.0/1.5/.5/.5 @Week#3 flower (g/gal) in the same order I listed the nutes.

The Environment
I keep outer room @ 68 degrees, The thermostatic can fans will hit 78 degrees +/- 1 degree ALWAYS when lights are on, no matter how much the outer room temps fluctuate. They are truely amazing, hands down best way to control temps in a tent.

45% humidity in tent, sounds a bit low but I like my bitches thirsty.

CO2, vent room every 2 hours for this grow till i get things dialed in then I'll throw a big bottle in there and see where my yields grow.

All atmospherics will be recorded using a DHT22 temp/humid sensor rigged up to a wireless arduino controller of my own design, so expect fancy graphs. I'll also post all my designs and source code for that device in another thread for all that are interested.

I've run this setup before using RDWC but that took waaay too much of my time and effort. I hated messing with the fluctuating PH all the time, and watching entire crops die was no fun either. Hoping I can automate the process much better this go around, only entering the room on weekends.

I got lots of plans for pictures custom diy control systems and other fun stuff. Its amazing what one can buy when you don't have to spend all your money on nutrients! Looking to start flower sometime in July, but I'll try to keep this diary up with the build process when I can.

Again thanks to all the contributors on this forum, I'll do the best I can to give something back!

Regards,
Bobby Digital

Top Bottom