fresh leaves or dry leaves for bubble hash?

• Thread starter robeartobrenton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robeartobrenton

should i let my leaves dry out before making bubble hash with them? - i am using the cold water/ice method and bags.. thanks boys! :volcano:

L

l33t

if your material is too dry you can get a lot of contamination in the final product.

Dry material gives more yield . Fresh material gives great quality (less contaminants) but it is difficult to take all of the good stuff , so yield is lowered.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
use fresh trim bro, i always use fresh everytime iv made coldwater......

E

Elemental

Let me know:

What kind of tool you used for mixing?

how many time of blending?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
iv made cold water with trim right off he plant. iv even heard of people putting trim in the fridge to keep it fresh if they couldnt get to making cold water right away. i dont think u can have it too fresh. the bags your using must be letting some plant material through bro, or your water temps arnt where they should be. if cold water is done right with the right bags its super easy to make. remember the whole point of the cold water is to freeze the thc crystals. the crystals get hard when frozen and become brittle so they are more easily removed. might just take ya a few tries to get it going thats all man.best of luck bro...~SMF~

N

NZsmoker

i dry for a little while 3-5 days & i freeze it before makin. but thats with trim, fully dry when using bud

Blaze

Blaze

l33t nailed it - fresh gives you better quality but lower yield so it's a trade off. I always use mine fresh when possible though.

If it came out green you are over-working the material and creating contaminants. How'd you mix it and for how long?

C

CanadianClassic

Ya if you want quantity dry is the way to go,i would go dry if selling and fresh if smoking! hehe

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

Y

yamama

was there not a post by aqualabs about if not stored correctly, bubble made from fresh trim will get mouldy? something like cloudy dome hash was in the title. From memory it was can use fresh fine but must store the final product in the freezer to reduce the chance of it going moldy. im storing all mine in the freezer now.

After reading blaze an aqualabs posts ive come up with some stunning bubble compared to my first runs

Blaze

Blaze

Any water extracted hash can mold if not stored properly. With bubble made form fresh trim, the freezer is the way to store it. Otherwise it gets funky pretty quick and can mold on you easily. I'm not sure exactly why but for some reason bubble hash made with fresh frozen trim is a lot more volatile and finicky when it comes to the drying and storage part. Glad to hear you're getting good results yamama.

Y

yamama

heres a little question for you blaze not trying to hijack the thread. Got a bag of cheese trim, bag of firebubblegum, bag of happybrother an bubbak mixed. Do you like to make it a one strain bubble or mix a bit out of each bag? Never been in the position before to make a pure strain bubble. i know they dont retain the taste of the weed like say dry sift but went to the bother of keeping all the trim sperate so think i will give it ago.

Blaze

Blaze

If I have enough shake from one variety I like to keep it separate. Well made bubble does retain the flavor and nuances of the strain it came from when it is well made IMO, especially if made from fresh-frozen material. I know this is subjective but I prefer the flavor of bubble made from fresh frozen shake more than dry sift or even bud itself. It really depends on what you want to do though - I do plenty of blends as well.

M

Mozy

Can u mix alcohol in de frozen ice water in de bubble machine while mixing the product

Top Bottom