Fresh seeds. Can I germinate immediately?

• Thread starter Texas956love
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Texas956love

I have seeds off a cross I made. Just harvested a week ago, the matter is still moist in the seed I'm assuming. Should I dry seeds out or can I germinate immediately? Any input or advice will be appreciated!

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I dry them for two weeks before use. I never put them in the fridge and I've never had a problem germinating seeds ....even seeds older than 2 - 3 years. There is moisture in the fridge, which could lead to mold.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I agree. I give mine a couple weeks to dry out. then put rice in with them then store in the fridge. I dont see why a fresh seed wouldnt germ. Ive seen the plant drop seeds and it germ in the same pot before.

JAWS

JAWS

yes you can but your results will vary from one strain to the next.

in my last seed drop i dropped 10 seeds on one strain and five seeds of another, both batchs of seeds were harvest the same time and dropped like 18 aprat. the ten count batch all popped but the five count pack only got three of five to pop and only one of those broke soil and is now on the move. i think they were 9 days removed from the plant at the time.

but like cannapits said most of us have had a seed{s} drop from a maturing female and begin to grow right under here with ZERO help in any way at all.

finally i agree with the rest here always give your seeds two weeks to a month to dry then place into the frig.

peace:writing:

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Jaws is the man id listen to. he takes playing with seeds to a whole new level.

T

Texas956love

Thanks for all the great posts. I will take an auto-flower(seeds I'm drying) a buddy of mine developed, and let the males pollinate multiple tahoe og. After the harvest, I plan on germinating my autoflower/tahoe og phenotypes. If all goes well I want to cross my autoflower/tahoe og males with a Chemdog, acapulco gold, blackberry, somango, tangerine dream, early skunk, Pakistan valley and a kc 33. I don't know if there's any hybrids that are similar but I hope to leave my small print in my community. Feedback n comments appreciated.

Top Bottom