fresh water drip and hand water nutrients?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

Can I?? fresh water drip and hand water nutrients?

Can someone tell me If you can put soil plants on an automatic drip with plain water every day and Hand water with nutrients every 3 days?

Will I get lots of cal mag problems because of the automated drip being plain r/o water....? or is this fine? can i just put some glacial rock dust on the top soil to prevent those problems from happening or is there something else I must do

I have wifi's in 4 ten gallon root pots with manna mix and im using bio canna nutrients.

any methods you like... That you can share with me would be greatly appreciated !!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, you can put them on plain water drip and handwater the feed. Don't let them become overwatered. You should not get issues with Ca/Mg assuming the soil is well amended or that you take measures to ensure good provisions/availability to the plant. You can top-dress the glacial rock dust, but I find dolomitic lime gives quicker availability and corrects problems very quickly.

Ever after

Ever after

so if over watering is bad how much water would you say is ok for 2 gallons? I know every soil can hold water differently. so I am just asking for a rough estimate. I have been using manna mix and vermi soil.... most are in 2 gallons of soil and some in 10 gallons of soil in cloth pots BUT I have NO clue how to water this stuff. I am used to aeroponics and coco.

with the complexity of watering soil. I feel as if coco and aero is easier even with the need to adjust ph and ppm all the damn time. on the other hand This Bio canna line in soil seems way way way way easier than coco? whats your take on this?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hhmm... I think it'll take some playing with since neither one of us has done quite this before. I have my outdoor plants on drippers, but they're in a pretty big planter that's got volume *and* is open to the ground underneath. That allows the plants to grow toward the water if need be, so I only have to water them 3x/week 15mins/watering on 1/2gph drippers.

But 2gal pots is different. If I had 2gal pots of soil outside, right now, I'd probably be watering every day because I would expect them to become dried out every day. If they were indoors, it would probably end up being approximately 3x/week, BUT, that's dependent on how much water they're given. I don't normally water to the point of run-off in soil, unlike coco, making it a little more difficult to gauge. Also, if the soil becomes too dried out then it's a pain in the ass to actually get it nicely moist, the water runs off.

So.... let me think here.... let's say you're using 1/2gph drippers, k? Based on that, you could easily water them every other day for 1/2hr (30mins) every other day, or 10mins every day, give or take and depending on a few factors such as transpiration and how much moisture *your* soil mix will actually hold, root mass in relation to leaf matter, temps, relative humidity, etcetera.

But if it were me I'd start them off with that rate of drippers and work up or down from that 30 mins 3x/week time frame, as a rough start at least.

I've never worked with that line of soils myself, so I can't speak to its properties or behavior.

I hope that helps.

Ever after

Ever after

well i have 4 10 gallon root pots on a 4x8 table with some 2 gallon pots and im hand watering only right now and aiming for 8% run off. is that a good amount of run off?

so... with plants hooked up to a dripper with ro water at a ppm of 3 wont my plants get cal mag def right away if i do this with drippers? will the glacial rock dust actually keep the cal mag deff from showing up or should i go buy the general organics cal mag and add it to my res for the drip system?

at first i was only worried about where the run off water will go so im using a tray but now Im worried about how i will even water them LOL. coco just seems alot easier with the every other day concept being pretty spot on for watering. from what ive noticed I can risk over watering during flower but a drout hurts the yield far more than over watering but maybe im crizzayzee

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
2 different sized pots is going to make dripping w/o over watering difficult - dirt is not so forgiving to over watering as lets say coco

and over watering can kill your plants

Ever after

Ever after

with 2 different tubs of water and 2 different pumps it shouldn't be that much work besides the initial prep......

does soil produce better med's compaired to coco?

I always thought coco would have 'bigger' and 'cleaner tasting' buds in the end!! what do you have to say about that?

right now with the BioCanna Line and soil with these White xfire og's.. Am I only going to get better smells? and more terpeniods? All I hear about soil vs coco........ is soil gives a lower yield and gives you a harder time flushing and about a week more to flower but man does that not sound completely true.:icon_animal26:

Ever after

Ever after

sea and lode. Thank you!!!!!!!! I could not have done it with out you!

peace and love ever after

Top Bottom