Fried my Plants, harvest gone, Help me prevent this

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa

Papa

Supporter
i built myself a high temp cut-off with a reset button that would not allow the lights to turn back on until the problem is fixed.

the issue with the high temp cut-offs on the market is that they cycle back on once the temps are reduced.

if you are interested in building one, i can certainly post on here how to do so.

hey 1971! please post it up here. the board doesn't allow linking as you tried. that would invalidate the security the forum maintains.

thanks

Papa

sorry i was rushed and wanted to at least get the info out there. sorry about probably breaking forum rules. i actually rarely use that other site cause it is retarded, unlike this one :)

here is what it looks like:

2 1

I ordered almost everything at factorymotion.com. the thermostat can be found here or on amazon . I already had the 30amp contactor, but they can be had for under $25 bucks.

R1 is your existing lighting relay.
R2 is the over-temperature latch.

Everything functions as it currently does until the thermostat closes on high temperature. R2 will pull in, opening the contact in front of R1 and dropping it out, and simultaneously closing the R2 contact in series with the reset pushbutton. When the temperature cools to the point that the thermostat opens, R2 remains energized because of the current flow through the reset pushbutton and the now-closed contact. It will remain this way until the reset button is pushed or the power goes off.

User136396 pic859463 1332711074

i'll look for my order sheet form factorymotion to see what all i ordered. you could expand upon this by putting a timer into it so that you just feed your power straight into this device and then send the power to your lights

Top Bottom