Friend got busted growing, how much jail time?

• Thread starter bighoss42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Stealing power made a little sense before the med laws in Cali were passed. Big power bills could have gotten you pinched and back then you had to be at least a little bit of an outlaw to take to risk in the first place. But these days it's a big gamble. Just pay your bills and keep your shit on the down low and you will be warm in your bed at night. I wish your buddy luck and I hope it is a lesson learned for him and everyone he knows.
Preach bro. That's exactly how I feel. Gotta be on the down low but at the same time up and up. Respect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That stealing power thing is no good that's bad real bad good news is LA co ....he needs an ACE attorney
Yep. Not only primarily Democrat, but the system is overwhelmed by 'real' criminals, violent criminals. Not to mention that our state has an injunction from the feds dictating that we clear out our prisons and jails, so that may go in his favor, too.

In my opinion and experience as a mother, he should start with the PD, find out what the charges are and get discovery. Then, and only then, should he pony up for the Ace. Otherwise his entire retainer (usually in the $10K-$15K range, that's the RETAINER, not the final or monthly billing) will be gone for footwork on discovery and that's something anyone can do.

T

tngreen

dont feel bad for a theif, even if your friend. He asked for it.

Amber

Amber

If your homie can get bailed out and stay out of trouble while awaiting the court proceedings, a judge will be very hesitant to throw him back in
That sounds good but in my experience I bailed out showed up to all my court dates and at my preliminary hearing they doubled my bail and took me back into custody. They said, "I am danger to the community."

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

That sounds good but in my experience I bailed out showed up to all my court dates and at my preliminary hearing they doubled my bail and took me back into custody. They said, "I am danger to the community."
I have a feeling that theres more to this story than just a lil weed growing

Or maybe not in California

Amber

Amber

I have a feeling that theres more to this story than just a lil weed growing

Or maybe not in California
I was charged with cultivation and sales. My man the same with also manufacturing because we had a couple glass tubes in our kitchen which they are calling a sophisticated lab. Yes in Cali.

N

nightmarecreature

I was charged with cultivation and sales. My man the same with also manufacturing because we had a couple glass tubes in our kitchen which they are calling a sophisticated lab. Yes in Cali.

A couple glass tubes? WTF? You mean an extraction tube to make BHO? OMG! How much jail time did you get?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Ok this what I think. The question of stealing power will be how long, months, years? I would be thankful that he lives in Cali and our jails are filled, that and there is no prison for first time drug offenders in this state now, usually no prison. If he does have money, pony up and get the best defense money can buy, within the county. I say this because the da will become much more skeptical of a court outcome if a good defense attorney is proving that it may be too costly for the state: filing multiple motions of suppression and calling into question the entire investigation will undoubtedly be advantageous for him. Sorry to hear this and please update us on how this case proceeds!

Dunge

Dunge

They are offering me a year.
Amber: Now we have a proper thread hijack.
California State court?
Please tell us what you can.
I had no idea this was still going on. Old habits die hard, but what is the states motivation?
Even if you stay out of jail, they will probably shake you down for all you own.
Good luck to you both.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

My buddy was looking @ 3, took a plea for 1 year. Was in for less than 30 days. same circumstances it seems, but he had previous convictions. Much luck to whatever happens @Amber -im assuming this is something that your currently dealing with.

Amber

Amber

Amber: Now we have a proper thread hijack.
California State court?
Please tell us what you can.
I had no idea this was still going on. Old habits die hard, but what is the states motivation?
Even if you stay out of jail, they will probably shake you down for all you own.
Good luck to you both.
They already took everything I own. I live in a small town that make their own rules the more I fight the worse it gets. I tried to have the warrant quashed due to the fact that it was based on a PG&E worker visually observing a power bypass at the transformer that did not exist the judge laughed at us. I will get out of this county and never come back if they will just let me.

Amber

Amber

The judge said the officer was acting on good faith that the pg&e worker was giving factual information even if it tuned out to be false the officer acted in good faith.

N

nightmarecreature

I think 2016 will be the year of Cali legalization. I would try and post pone the court proceedings as long as possible.
I know it costs money but I think the longer it gets dragged out the better.

If worse comes to worse, you'll only do 3-6 months. Its the felony on your record that is going to hurt the most.

You might be better off in SoCal, just stay out of The big cities like Los Angeles and keep your grow small scale.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They already took everything I own. I live in a small town that make their own rules the more I fight the worse it gets. I tried to have the warrant quashed due to the fact that it was based on a PG&E worker visually observing a power bypass at the transformer that did not exist the judge laughed at us. I will get out of this county and never come back if they will just let me.
Sister, my own kid was booted out of his jail time because our state's too crowded. You're always in my prayers and thoughts as far as that stuff goes, so I'm praying that these folks just wise up and quit trying to push good people DOWN.

Amber

Amber

Sister, my own kid was booted out of his jail time because our state's too crowded. You're always in my prayers and thoughts as far as that stuff goes, so I'm praying that these folks just wise up and quit trying to push good people DOWN.
Really that's awesome congrats on that. Yeah I'm really hoping they will let us pay the ridiculous amount of money they want for alternative sentencing otherwise I need to get the show on the road. I have new found responsibilities to take care of really soon here. I need all the prayer I can get. I'm so not into the story well when you were born I was in jail. Not good for the baby book.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
amber you and your family will be in my prayers. Ive gone through the whole bust thing. hardest times of my life. head up and keep the faith

N

nightmarecreature

Really that's awesome congrats on that. Yeah I'm really hoping they will let us pay the ridiculous amount of money they want for alternative sentencing otherwise I need to get the show on the road. I have new found responsibilities to take care of really soon here. I need all the prayer I can get. I'm so not into the story well when you were born I was in jail. Not good for the baby book.

I dont think that's bad for the baby book. We are living in prohibition. By the time your child is old enough, he or she will probably be reading about how medical marijuana was illegal and when it was legalized.

California is next and soon many other states will follow. We are really out growing the government one person at a time.

Top Bottom