Frog in rez.

• Thread starter Critical Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Critical Kid

Just found a frog in my rez. He seems quite happy in there. Has anyone had any experience with this? What may be the pros/cons if I were to leave him in there? I know frogs have a very thin skin and are super sensitive to their surroundings, so I imagine if he stays healthy that would indicate that my water/air are generally pretty clean. I am currently flushing so the p.p.m. is around 500, not sure if the regular feed schedule of 1400 p.p.m. would affect him.

T

Tron

How did you get a frog in your house??? I don't think this is a common thing... I know you're not using organic newts so I would imagine it's harmful to him, yes...

C

ClearWater

You have yourself a regular old mining canary right there, I dont know I read this and found it kinda funnny. Are you actually serious about this first of all? Secondly, hope this lil guy isn't in an undercurrent system whoohoo. Kick him outside

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Remove it. Mainly as your feeds could harm it, also if it was to die in there it could potentially release some nasty chemicals as it degrades and harm the plants.

C

Critical Kid

Yes I was serious. I have no idea how he got inside. After a 20 minute struggle (those fuckers are quick) Mr. Frog has been relocated to the great outdoors unharmed. Thanks for all the feedback!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have an open basement growing area, I get frogs in my RO/DI container (35gal trash can) all the time. Sometimes I find them in buckets of nutes if I leave any. They come and go as they please. There's one up at the far corner that's been croaking every evening for a week now, probably calling for the rain.

They also hang out in the pieces of PVC, sometimes I'll see one peeking out at me. Hello Mr. Frog.

TortureKill

TortureKill

I used to have 1400 watts set up in the basement, I would find all kinds of frogs and toads burrowed down into my pots.. Crazy maan

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
prolly one of those small green/brown tree frogs

good ya got him out

he would have croaked

:sick0004:

O

odium33

haha i have a frog living in my basement/garage. we named him granddaddy, because i found him initially on a tray of GDP cuts. we top feed 5 gal coco pots with saucers, so there is always a few small ponds around for him! I made him a fresh water saucer with a few rocks, he loves sitting out basking in the HPS light! I figure he cant hurt much, eat gnats and whatnot. I found a few other frog skeletons dried out in the garage, so i figure he might just end up dieing on his own!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I got frogs in the basement, suddenly my earwig (we call 'em pinchbugs) problem was *greatly* reduced. I don't care for earwigs.

Earwigs
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I live right next to a lagoon so those little fuckers are all over the place. You always see an eye peaking at you or a croak now and then. They handle the bigger pests and as long as there no on my plants or in my rez i let them chill (seeing how they dump a half a gallon of piss on you when you try to catch them). I tend to have but rot problems though so this might be a factor.

S

Spliff-killa

Can I borrow Kermit, I have all these damn crickets I can't stand to listen to anymore?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The big frogs I got in SoCal would pee all over you, yeah, tripped me out hard the first time it happened because I thought I'd squeezed it too hard and it popped. Boy was I glad when I saw it wasn't frog guts all over me. The little Pacific tree frogs I get up here (the kind motherlode mentioned) have never done that, but they do leave little messages wherever they've been. They can climb really high! I don't know that I'd care if I had them actually inside the flower room.

Once, when I was tending in there, one of the trashcan frogs came hopping into the room. It hopped around and took a really good look, I swear to God it was waiting for me to open it up so it could get a better look inside. It stuck to a corner, watched me, explored about half the room, then by the time I was ready to button things up it just hopped back out and up into the trashcan again.

It would be HELL of cool to find one of these in the basement, wouldn't it?

Glass frog
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

The big frogs I got in SoCal would pee all over you, yeah, tripped me out hard the first time it happened because I thought I'd squeezed it too hard and it popped.

Ha. It's a trip huh? Those little frogs can piss their body weight it seems like.

If i saw that frog when i was high, you could forget it. I'd be staring at that thing for hours.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Ha. It's a trip huh? Those little frogs can piss their body weight it seems like.

If i saw that frog when i was high, you could forget it. I'd be staring at that thing for hours.

I havent event had my morning bong session yet (whoops its after noon, better get rolling) and that is a fucking trip!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If I found a glass frog in my basement you can bet your ass I wouldn't be letting it go. D'oh!

C

coyoteattack

i might have to get some frogs, i have a ton of those friggin earwigs and i just can't seem to get rid of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom