From lurker to poster...

• Thread starter Kamatari
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kamatari

Hi guys,

Been lurking for a while gathering info for my grows, working out how to do everything ;) The main reason for joining up now was to ask the question of plastic grow boxes and seeing if they will be benificial for anyone ;)

Currently i am growing in a wooden 2ftx2ftx1ft box under 23w cfls as my aim is to try and keep it as low cost as possible, so far on the build i have only spent £23 to build it all.

I should be posting up a grow journal of some lr#2's and if things go ahead with the plastic boxes..a dev journal of all that :)

And that's my intro for now! And as i finish up this post, let me just say thank you all for the information you have posted up!!

S

sunsimulator

Hello and welcome to the farm ,, great that u joined and became a complete member! GITRDONE!

well to answer your ?. of plastic to wood for indoor grow boxes ,

The plastic boxes would be a better choice imo,
UNLESS ,, your are lining your wood boxes with a good 4 to 6 mill plastic . The wood can absorb the nutrients your using and turn into salts or cause your nutrients to bind and become unusable to the plants ,, the wood being wet for so long could cause molds or Bacteria to grow .The wood being wet could cause it to break down and offset the ph , The plastic containers are a lil more indoor frendly.

ALSO watch lining boxes ,, make sure u get all the air out, and the plastic tight against the frame,, The soil can cause condensation in the air pockets , thus causing water , thus causing mold,, we do no want mold to grow anywere around the plants lol or the soil lol !

hope it helps ya need anymore info let us know!

K

Kamatari

Hey SunSimulator! thanks for the reply! I wrote another post/topic but it doesnt seem like its been approved? if it doesnt get me in trouble...lemme summerize it here :)

going on with the whole plastic grow boxes, i was looking into the idea of producing plastic grow boxes for low budget growers, my wooden box is quite nice but the main problem is the weight of it! So what i'm looking at doing is building a plastic grow box, white on the inside and black on the outside and was trying to find out if anyone would be interested in this, what sizes would be of interest and how much you'd spend on one! (of course everyone here would get a discount if it ever went ahead)

Latest posts

Top Bottom