From NM to Cali !!

• Thread starter Morgan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Morgan

Morgan

im trying to make my way to the great state of Cali !! im a family man and a master gardener! gonna be looking for Apt. , house , townhome what ever i can find that is MMJ friendly!! also gonna be looking for work. have been the GM for a wireless ISP for the past 8 years and i need a change i want to be in the garden or be a part of the cannabis movement!!

if i could get any good info and or pointed in a good direction!! please and thanks

Keep it green !!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Welcome to Cali and to the THC Farm. Where Cali does have there share of growers,There is a real shortage of master gardeners that can produce quality organic medication in quantitys. I`m working on my property and a refresh of an aging seed collection but plan on working on medical grows and seed vending in the future.Good luck on your move.

kushluvr

kushluvr

I wish you the best, north is more hippie, south more surfer, posh!! Youll love anywhere u end up, but I say go north....more chill!!!

Morgan

Morgan

Spent a few years in Cali in my younger days, also some time in Colorado. Out of the two I choose Cali . I'm sure farther up north would be cool !?

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
people don't understand , the gold rush has been wayyyyy over .. cali is the toughest market on the planet .. even with top top it's cut throat . just look at cl and see how many huge operations are up for sale .. there are atleast 40 ready to go gardens for sale and im talking 99 plant sites ready to blow up . the new season is getting under way and 95% have not moved a single lb yet .. in 6 months all of it will be last years weed , then throw in the massive light dep ops and there is a constant flood now .
I pray i figure a way out of this life now , im working 3x as hard as just 2 years ago and making half as much .. it's really sad out here for pot growers now .. just being real in hopes of saving another hopeful their life savings ...
don't believe look at the sf bay cl and check out all the used grow equipment for sale ... hydro stores are struggling or are closing .. PGE power is the highest in the nation ... run 15k get ready to fork over 3k pr month .....
if you got a market that pays top dollar in your own state the risk is wroth it right there at home ...

I don't care how good a grower someone is, cali eats up the best

Venom818

Venom818

people don't understand , the gold rush has been wayyyyy over .. cali is the toughest market on the planet .. even with top top it's cut throat . just look at cl and see how many huge operations are up for sale .. there are atleast 40 ready to go gardens for sale and im talking 99 plant sites ready to blow up . the new season is getting under way and 95% have not moved a single lb yet .. in 6 months all of it will be last years weed , then throw in the massive light dep ops and there is a constant flood now .
I pray i figure a way out of this life now , im working 3x as hard as just 2 years ago and making half as much .. it's really sad out here for pot growers now .. just being real in hopes of saving another hopeful their life savings ...
don't believe look at the sf bay cl and check out all the used grow equipment for sale ... hydro stores are struggling or are closing .. PGE power is the highest in the nation ... run 15k get ready to fork over 3k pr month .....
if you got a market that pays top dollar in your own state the risk is wroth it right there at home ...

^^^^^^^ what he said

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

CHURCH!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

No one could have said it better.

I can tell you the East coast is being flooded with the leftovers from Cali. That market is exceedingly over saturated.

Morgan

Morgan

I pray i figure a way out of this life now , im working 3xY as hard as just 2 years ago and making half as much .. it's really sad out here for pot growers now .. just being real in hopes of saving another hopeful their life savings ...

Not going just to try and grow that's just stupid. I'm a family man lived there long ago and always planned on going back so for those who think I can't make it Cali. I'll be sure to update you all when I'm doing big things.

I don't get along well with people who only see the negative. Stay positive and see the difference !

Morgan

Morgan

I find this to be the other problem everyone is always so worried about making a buck growing some flowers. That's fine and dandy but believe in yourself learn to live of the land and keep your self surrounded by positive and willing people. I'm not looking to strike it rich I just want to be happy. You will never truly be happy until you except yourself for who you are.

sky high

sky high

Folks are just telling you the way it is. After all, you did ask...and if there's negativity present....it isn't the fault of those responding to >how< they see things going down around them. It is what it is and they are doing you a favor by saying so.

Would you rather they say "C;mon out broseph! Pounds are selling for 6K and you can get 7 if you are nice....wink a lot...and don't bring a negative vibe with you" ????

And seriously....if yer looking to rent...you aren't anywhere near "living off the land". In fact, in that scenario yer living on >someone else's< land that you have absolutely no claim to.

kinda like movin to Cali and gettin into MMJ. It's there...and it could happen for ya...but in all reality...it's already someone else's turf and just because you believe in yourself won't change the fact that every other young and dumb and full of cum guy who doesn't wanna work a 9-5 or can't find a job in the first place is trying to "make a buck growing some flowers"....

but hey...good luck whatever you decide.

Be well...

s h

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
im trying to make my way to the great state of Cali !! im a family man and a master gardener! gonna be looking for Apt. , house , townhome what ever i can find that is MMJ friendly!! also gonna be looking for work. have been the GM for a wireless ISP for the past 8 years and i need a change i want to be in the garden or be a part of the cannabis movement!!

if i could get any good info and or pointed in a good direction!! please and thanks

Keep it green !!
I'm not sure how much work in that area we have at this moment, but I'm sure you know what Obama did for pushing connectivity to rural areas. We're in a rural area and my own husband has been building out the local ISP's wifi infrastructure.

I also see that you're eager to become involved in the movement. I've recently become more involved than I ever planned to, and let me tell you, it's been... interesting. The status of MMJ in California is basically being threatened on a local level EVERYWHERE. So, be prepared.

Before you choose a location, determine whether or not the locals are making their own laws that squeeze out cannabis cultivation and/or sales. For example, Mendocino County, the state's cannabis mecca practically, has now limited patients to 25 plants per parcel, irrespective of number of patients residing on the parcel, or their needs.

Another piece of advice is to BUY. Buy land, especially. Right now is the best time to buy in almost all areas of California, only the Bay Area and LA Metro areas have managed to not lose as much property value as elsewhere in the state. Our own home, which was purchased at the end of '05, is now worth approximately half what we paid for it. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy we purchased, fuck landlords is my motto, but our timing completely sucked.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
people don't understand , the gold rush has been wayyyyy over .. cali is the toughest market on the planet .. even with top top it's cut throat . ....

That's what they say...but

In december of 201o, my wife and I both started to use Cannabis...And I started growing it.
I wasn't planing on Makeing money..I just didn't wanna have to pay for weed.

Well, Turns out I love growing so much, I grew a bunch of Midgrade Outdoor,
I donated it Really Cheap and Did pretty damn good. :p

I also did pretty damn good with pounds of Mid grade(at best) High CBD meds :D

I know...Some of you guys hate growers like me...lol... Sorry:rolleyes:
But Im just filling a nich ..Peeps want mid grade where I live. (central cali):cool:

I say go for it Mogan!

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
sorry if you felt attacked by my post i was truly trying to give you an honest take on what it is out here... and in no way was attacking your grow skill .. everyone is so sensitive in that regard.. you claim to be more than just a grower ok .. let me break it down and it may seem harsh but I looked through your photo's and to be honest what you have posted would be average mids here .. the same average mids cali is completely flooded with from the hordes of hopefuls forced into growing by our poor economy ..
tuff pill to swallow I know , but it's an even tougher pill once your here and struggling ..
the job market here blows horribly bad too ...

I do wish you the very best of luck however ..

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
That's what they say...but

In december of 201o, my wife and I both started to use Cannabis...And I started growing it.
I wasn't planing on Makeing money..I just didn't wanna have to pay for weed.

Well, Turns out I love growing so much, I grew a bunch of Midgrade Outdoor,
I donated it Really Cheap and Did pretty damn good. :p

I also did pretty damn good with pounds of Mid grade(at best) High CBD meds :D

I know...Some of you guys hate growers like me...lol... Sorry:rolleyes:
But Im just filling a nich ..Peeps want mid grade where I live. (central cali):cool:

I say go for it Mogan!
growing mid grade is not a niche ... it's a lack of caring about what you produce for profit or lack of experience and skill ...

Morgan

Morgan

sorry if you felt attacked by my post i was truly trying to give you an honest take on what it is out here... and in no way was attacking your grow skill .. everyone is so sensitive in that regard.. you claim to be more than just a grower ok .. let me break it down and it may seem harsh but I looked through your photo's and to be honest what you have posted would be average mids here .. the same average mids cali is completely flooded with from the hordes of hopefuls forced into growing by our poor economy ..
tuff pill to swallow I know , but it's an even tougher pill once your here and struggling ..
the job market here blows horribly bad too ...

I do wish you the very best of luck however ..

Thanks man, I'm not to sure what photos you are talking about as I've posted a few from a LSD plant and a whole deadhead OG plant. I'm always trying new growing technics as far as different type of topping. I work very closely with a buch of growers in my state and all my meds have always been good for me. I'm not growing for you or anyone else right now. For you to judge from a picture kinda makes me laugh as you should know better! Have had some green that looked like CRAP but the smell, taste and potency was off the chain! I don't need you to tell me how my gear looks I like points of view but you just seem to be a negative person I tend to ster clear of them.

As far as not only being a master at what I do I have been the GM of a wireless internet service provider for the past 8 year and have decided to move forward in solar energy and if you wouldn't keep insisting I'm going to Cali to grow then maybe......... You should know Cali is attempting to lead the way in green power. Now if I can teac all you guys how to connect a few batteries to some solar pannels and start growing your meds for a small investment and never pay for electricity again and if don't right your city and states will pay you for power.

Don't be so quick to judge as we may cross paths some day and I'd rather stop and chat rather then give a dirty look and keep walking.

Stay positive , negativity gets you nothing!

Morgan

Morgan

Folks are just telling you the way it is. After all, you did ask...and if there's negativity present....it isn't the fault of those responding to >how< they see things going down around them. It is what it is and they are doing you a favor by saying so.

Would you rather they say "C;mon out broseph! Pounds are selling for 6K and you can get 7 if you are nice....wink a lot...and don't bring a negative vibe with you" ????

And seriously....if yer looking to rent...you aren't anywhere near "living off the land". In fact, in that scenario yer living on >someone else's< land that you have absolutely no claim to.

kinda like movin to Cali and gettin into MMJ. It's there...and it could happen for ya...but in all reality...it's already someone else's turf and just because you believe in yourself won't change the fact that every other young and dumb and full of cum guy who doesn't wanna work a 9-5 or can't find a job in the first place is trying to "make a buck growing some flowers"....

but hey...good luck whatever you decide.

Be well...

s h

Thx for your response, not that he was being negative directly just negative in general I don't do well with negativity. I know this is a weed forum but just because I want to go back to Cali doesn't mean to try and make it as a grower there's more to it. So if ya could stop thinking Oh just another grower wanting to make it to Cali. Thx again.

Top Bottom