From Promix To Coco

• Thread starter Brativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brativa

Brativa

I'm thinking about giving coco another try after using bail after bail of promix hp for the last year and a half. Is there anything I need to really take in to consideration when going from the one to the other? I dont use an ec meter but keep my water ph'ed around 5.7 and do watch my ppm so not to burn plants throughout my whole grow using botanicares expert formula throughout. Anyone with some insight would be stellar!

Keekee

Keekee

Hi there,
I mixed about 20% perlite to my coco,one thing i do now is wash my coco in hot water,i think it helps kill any nastys in the coco,the other reason is to just clean the coco, the run off when ya first wash it is really red,i wash it to its moslty clear.

X.rm

X.rm

I would have to say the most important things to keep in mind when growing in coco is to supplement with calmag because the coco locks up the calcium in the beginning also remember to never let the coco dry out completely, everytime you water do so until you achieve 10 to 20% runoff and flush periodically. I flush every 3 weeks at a rate of 3× your container size. If you use a 3gl container flush with 9gl. Trust me, once you get the hang of it you'll never go back. It's not hype everyone really is in love with the CoCo... lmao. Best of luck to you.

Brativa

Brativa

I would have to say the most important things to keep in mind when growing in coco is to supplement with calmag because the coco locks up the calcium in the beginning also remember to never let the coco dry out completely, everytime you water do so until you achieve 10 to 20% runoff and flush periodically. I flush every 3 weeks at a rate of 3× your container size. If you use a 3gl container flush with 9gl. Trust me, once you get the hang of it you'll never go back. It's not hype everyone really is in love with the CoCo... lmao. Best of luck to you.
I've grown with coco once before it was my very first and I switched to the promix for the simple fact it was easier to work with. That was also my biggest yielding grow beginners luck maybe but it was a crazy amount for a 4x4 tent grow. I used minimal chem too but I've always used calmag was the one thing my friends of a feather insisted on. I did a weekly flush but havent since because the promix holds water so much. Thanks for your insight!

Brativa

Brativa

Hi there,
I mixed about 20% perlite to my coco,one thing i do now is wash my coco in hot water,i think it helps kill any nastys in the coco,the other reason is to just clean the coco, the run off when ya first wash it is really red,i wash it to its moslty clear.
Smart. I didnt think about an initial wash.

Top Bottom