From Seed: WiFi, Liberty Haze, Holy Grail Kush, Grape God, Skywalker OG

• Thread starter MediNice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MediNice

MediNice

First journal, long time medical grower.

All started from feminized seed packs bought from Attitude.

Intention: Provide honest information about these genetics.

Details observed: Rate of vegetative growth, nutrient tolerance, natural plant structure, flowering time at 10% amber trichomes, yield comparison, flavor, smell, color, density, affect.

8/23: Germed seeds in water mixed with beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae.

8/24: Moved seeds into Light Warrior/Coco fiber mix with DTE Soluble Mycorrhizae and Maxicrop Soluble seaweed added for seedling health.

MediNice

MediNice

Probable medium: 25% Coco/ 25% peat/ 30% pumice/ 20% perlite.

Nutrients: DTW with either:
H&G Bio-1 Component, CES Plant Amp for Cal, and the full H&G lineup
OR Cyco's full lineup.

We have been running Canna's full lineup with Canna Substra as the base. Good, clean results, but becoming costly.

2012 08 24 094028
Mogrow

Mogrow

medinice/// good luck, look forward to the comparables, i'm running some wifi, had some holy grail but she burnt up outside, really bummed, plant was very robust...
been seeing some pics of the skywalker, it looks dank, but maybe it was the farmer:D
may the light of jah shine in your tent...

J

justBawlin

Grape God has been my work horse. Doesn't get tall but yields great. I want to run Skywalker and Holy Grail. I will stay tuned.

MediNice

MediNice

1 week update:

6/7 Wifi popped
6/6 Skywalker Kush (Reservations Privada), but I accidentally pinched the head off one while trying to remove a stubborn hull.
6/6 Holy Grail Kush popped
3/4(5) Grape God popped, bit I lost the #3 seed when I moved them to the media. Woops .....
5/5 Liberty Haze popped

Lighting: 4 lamp blue spectrum T5 spaced 12" from canopy. 16 hours on time to reduce male/Herman possibilities (Cervantes, Bible). I know they are femmed seed...
Environment: light breeze from clip-on fan. Inside a 2x4 geow tent for seedling stage. Heat mat set to 75.

2012 08 30 093821
MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I'm sitting in on this one. I have a WiFi mom that I have yet to run, I'm curious to see your results. I am running Skywalker OG, but I don't know if it is real RP gear. I'd also like to see the Holy Grail and all her phenos.

MediNice

MediNice

Hi everyone, thanks for chiming in. Its great to hear people's experience with these strains. It will help me and other viewers get a feel for these genetics and may persuade/dissuade someone into not growing them due to specific attributes. If you have had personal experience e with growing either of these cultivars, please leave a brief synopsis for everyone.

Cheers,
Medi

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I just pulled my second run of Skywalker OG last night. The plants were flipped at 8"-10" and finished at 18-24". Most had on huge dense cola and one or two huge laterals. They are nothing short of amazing! I love this strain!

MediNice

MediNice

Week 2ish Update: Slowly but surely

All have 2-3 true leaf sets showing. Some plants are leaning at less than a 45% angle, while one is resting on the pot's edge. They will not be stabilized via popsicle stick until 6 leaf sets emerge. The goal is to see which plants are the healthiest, strongest, and most vigorous. I will be keeping track on a one week basis of: leaf sets, overall height, and nutrient requirements for all of the survivors.

Watering with Roots Excelurator about every 3 days mostly due to soil evaporation.

Thanks for the info MendoCruz and justBawlin.

Cheers,
Medi

MediNice

MediNice

Does anyone have any experience with proteinate chelated nutrients? This is the reason behind my choice of either Cyco or House and Garden's Bio-1 Component. It seems like the next big thing in the nutrient industry. That and salicic acid.

Attached is a spreadsheet of cost comparisons in the real world based upon my typical needs. Prices may vary depending on your retailer. The only things that have been adjusted are the base nutrient levels to fit a my real world EC of past runs. I have ran all of these lines before except Cyco. As you can see, Cyco is not only the least expensive out of the chelated nutrient lines, but arguably the most chemically advanced with its across the board proteinate chelation.

On a side note, if you are into geeking out about chemistry and biology, check out Aptus USA.

Picture 1
catdaddy

catdaddy

nice thread. i've been thinking of picking up HG, SW OG and their OG 18, hopefully this thread push towards to actually picking some up. gl on the run.

MediNice

MediNice

Week 3 Update:

Hey all, thanks for watching. power outage for a day in addition to 2 nights of failed Hydrofarm digital timers have left the seeds in a state of confusion. I'm sure they will pop out of it, but it probably will put them a week behind.

They received their first feeding of 0.6 EC with H&G's Soil nutrient which I had a small set laying around that I have been needing to use up. The feed might have been premature because there was slight edge and tip burn. They have now began to pull out of it though.

I will begin measuring the paramaters as mentioned in earlier posts as soon as they need to be transferred into larger pots. I have found seedlings to show different characteristics than the same cut once in a solid state of Veg.

The cool kids in the yard seem to be the Grape God so far. Stronger stems, no ill signs of deficiencies, tallest growth, and most leaf sets. The Wifi seems to be the worst hit by the nutrients and has the slowest growth. All and all though, they are in pretty good shape. I tend to over-exaggerate when my plants show signs anything than perfect. Always striving for perfection!

2012 09 14 111128
MediNice

MediNice

Week 4 Update:

Lessons learned, when trying new nutrients, do not start on your precious seedlings. I switched back to my standard veg formula: Canna Aqua Vega, Roots Excelurator, Soluble Seaweed. I do not know what I was thinking. The pics show yellow, but it was actually burn. New signs of recovery.

Grape God is still the rock star at this stage.

2012 09 23 091006
MediNice

MediNice

Week 5 Update:

Wow, its week 5 and they are lagging.... my fault though, they were all vigorous from the get-go but that untreated burn took its toll. All is well and off to vigorous growth again.

I picked up some replacement clones as backups in case they lagged too far behind. Jordan of the Island's Blue God, Banana Kush, Dharma, Maui Wowi, Strawberry Cough, and Permafrost.

Week 5
ronto

ronto

Week 5 Update:

Wow, its week 5 and they are lagging.... my fault though, they were all vigorous from the get-go but that untreated burn took its toll. All is well and off to vigorous growth again.

I picked up some replacement clones as backups in case they lagged too far behind. Jordan of the Island's Blue God, Banana Kush, Dharma, Maui Wowi, Strawberry Cough, and Permafrost.
How is your liberty haze plant doing?

MediNice

MediNice

Update:

Pics next week.

All plants have been transplanted into 5 gallon containers with 25% coco, 25% peat, 30% pumice, and 20% perlite. This soilless medium was then composted with several dry organics to last the plants until they need to be transplanted again. I hate fertilizing in veg. This mix is essentially treated like soil in veg and then treated like a soilless DTW in flowering.

Growth has really picked up, but I had to intentionally stall the plants due to reasons in their future flowering room. All is well, and they look great.

Every strain seems to be about on par with each other in terms of height. There is one seed plant per strain that is a runt. I am hesitant to cull the runts until flowering time nears. I heard from a respcted breeder that after about six months of a plants life is when its true characteristics show. I can partially confirm this from previous seed runs. Any thoughts?

They will be transplanted into ten gallon containers in about a month, then flipped sometime around the 3rd of December. I GROW BIG PLANTS!

Unfortunately their new flower room has short ceilings so I will be heavily topping, bending, and spreading these plants. I wish I could let them run their course on an untrained/pruned regimen, but my space does not allow this. In a sense, the true comparison will not be achieved, however many of the characteristics will still be observed and recorded.

Any reports on true flowering time or stretch of either of these genetics? I am becoming fearful of reports on 11+ week flowering times for the liberty haze. I can not allow this as harvest rooms at one time.

Medinice

Top Bottom