From Start To Finish!

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

Well This is what Im working with.. Situation being friends parents old rent house he lives their i move in pay half rent they never bother or come over im already prepared to buy fan/carb filter... the downfall is they where terrible carpenters the closet is ghetto but this wont b a ordinary closet now will it?

This is Outside looking at the door, Obviously you think oh now i know what he meant bad carpenter.. yet thats good lazy ppl are good for me they wont bother me haha!

doorviewwideangle.jpg

Standing in door way looking at right corner
Lookin_In_the_door_from_outside.jpg

Standing Inside Looking Out
Inlooking_out_door.jpg

Look @ that ceiling i like it i image me drilling holes for cords through the 2/4's
ceiling_construction.jpg

Surprise! haha well if your standing in the door way you look right up against the wall theirs a huge panel missing this is looking through it see the door and the stairs leading to the attic?
missing_panel.jpg

I obviously have to do some construction.. I have to sheetrock the rest of the closet the gap where the door is and that wall looking at the stairs im guessing i should insulate it? Im going to have a 1000 watt hps This one to be exact
http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cool-sun-1000w-hps-ss10-remote-grow-light-p-1451.html

I found a 4inch inline with carb filter

i need to find a 6inch to fit the reflector or can i jus link it?

My Medium will be DWC 5gallon Buckets atleast 5-6 buckets
Strain Either The Church/or Arjan's Ultra Haze # 1 Feminized both from Greenhouse.. I need a guaranteed yield-er the first harvest to fund the next bigger n better! set up!hahah

If i have a inline exhaust and oscillating fans inside will i need intake? i was hoping not...

I plan on painting walls flat white what should i put down on the floor that has 60 year old carpet in it haha..

well im open for suggestions and input! THX!

S

SRHninja

Alot of views no replies lol maybe this is too overwhelming?

I guess to be specific some of my questions are:

1. Whats a good way to fix that wall sheet rock i know my main concern is sound i want to keep sound in as much as possible any ideas?

2. Im buying that inline fan/and air scrubber any suggestion on where i should install in this closet

3. you also seen the light got any suggestions

basically i need suggestions on the optimal way to construct this grow closet with the DWC system the light and the intake fan.. what else will i need? im working with a
$1320 budget

1000 watt hps system as seen on link $300.00
Fan and Carb system as seen on link $120.00
Greenhouse Seed Co THE CHURCH i looked @ their site they dont send to U.S.??

DWC BUCKETS found a tech from one of you guys (WILL MAKE SURE TO GIVE CREDIT LATER!!!) but if i follow his tech the buckets will cost roughly $120.00 including hydro ton.

Will will round that down with a left total of $697.00 for things like

Things i need to get:

Hydro Solution both vege and bloom+ph up and down,
measuring ml tubes for nutes,
ill need a digital pH and ppm meter right? i know i will need pH..

add to my list suggestions are welcomed but be experienced im surpassing trial and error lol with a experienced community and following the techs, applying knowledge & taking no shortcuts the outcome is always success...

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

if you build it..they will grow

take care and be safe
:passingjoint:

M

Malachi

you can get much better genetics from here bro ... check out some of the breeders forums ... also i wouldn't do anymore then 4 buckets under that 1000, you will get crowded fast. Also keep in mind a 4x4 tray fits the footprint of a 1000 perfect

S

SRHninja

well i am brand new to hydroponic so the DWC setup with me changing out the solution once a week i wont have to worry bout the Ph fluctuating that is one of the main reasons i decided to go DWC because its my first time and isnt as complicated as other systems.. What do u mean better gentics here? where do i find em how do i get it sent to the U.S. im looking for a strain like church ones that doesnt grow but chest high and still delivers 700 grm harvest
---------------------------------------
BUT! know this i am very good with following techs and instructions from experienced farmers when it comes to technical stuff i have a budget though as u can see

M

Malachi

click on the THCBay link at the top of the screen and sort through some genetics. I have grown GH strains before, and their claims of 700gr /sq mt are rediculous. I have ordered from here and they always get you your stuff FAST! Take a good look at Mosca's C99 F1 its a great strain, and you can find some pineapple pheno's in there.

S

SRHninja

Thx GOD! (GARDEN OF DREAMS)... I like the Tub idea how ever i was wanting to go a more simple route like the single 5 gallon DWC buckets because its easy for me to understand.. Fish pump + airstone+solution i change out and clean resovoir(s) once a week so i dont have to obsess with pH adjustments.. (Explain the tubs how would i change or adjust ph would i have to obsess over it? im guessing their sitting in their own reservoirs right?) what is 1 "rio" power head with the "Air Venturi" hooked up. K.I.S.S i researched it the power head is a air pump obviously "rio" being a brand? now all i could find on venturi was the Venturi Effect and a protein skimmer lol send me a link to any info or places to buy or something to look at to get a picture in my head and better understand.

ALSO so is it or is it not possible for me to get a pound per plant (dry wt) using (A RECOMMENDED STRAIN THAT CAN DO THE JOB, MY SINGLE DWC BUCKET METHOD, and a 1,000 Watt HPS??) Which Strains are the Best Yielders that u guys have harvested.

Okay When u explained the ventilation your jus saying go with the 6inch fan and carb filter and run my intake from the ground and my exhaust on the other side (duh) so the inline fan pulls fresh air over the plants thru the light and out!.... haha

(KEEP IN MIND MY BUDGET)
I'm dedicated......

S

SRHninja

(thx for taking the time i intensely appreciate it and am a humble student)

Okay your opening my mind now... R/O water means im going to have to buy a R/O filter system correct?

Also you said "Not true, 1 lb per plant is never gonna happen indoor using conventional methods, 1-1.5lbs per 1k is more realistic. Again strain dependent and skill play a factor."

I guess im not understanding that maybe rephrase that? so with a 1k hps system i could get 1-1.5 per plant (using a dro set up either dwc or your tech)? depending on strain of course.

Another reason i like DIY DWC is because you supposedly can grow larger plants can your method match capable growth size? My first harvest weight is my main concern so im not doing stealth cycles unless i can accomplish a maximized yield lol what i call stealth cycles is when you guys talk about only vegeing a plant for 10 weeks! i mean what r you yielding per plant average (i know strain plays factor)

I have this closet and roughly $1320 for the whole set up

(seeds, system,lights,Ventilation,etc) i have printed a small book from reading all the faqs and stickies

I was planning on doing DIY DWC 5 gal bucket i can follow instructions and construct a system (prefer techs with pixs! ahha bare with me once i get it, its over with!) but if you can lead me to a better more sufficient system with less hassle and kindly take me under you wing i will learn to fly or die trying lol!

i still cant believe i cant do more then 4 plants under a 1k hps.....

S

SRHninja

holy crap im embarrassed, i thought when ppl were saying 1g per watt they meant on each plant lol!... now my dreams are shattered got me rethinking everything!

The only thing you left out of the equation was seeds.. okay even though your new knowledge has shattered my dreams of 5 pounds every harvest it has opened a new door.

Do you have a tech showing how to construct and operate your tub design especially using scrog? (do you only clean the resovoir hows the system work u know a overview to give me the picture i need) Im going to need it you guys may think im a lil in over my head but if im given instructions that are specific and detailed i wont fail...

I have knowledge of botany NO DEGREE but im familiar and not completely lost on the subject. I know enough to learn this! and i want to take a direction that you experienced guys have mastered so i can skip trial and error (the best thing about learning from a vet!)

Im setting up a clone closet after this first run because obviously i dont have the funds to fund it... So i get a strain (guaranteed good producer) Germ 10 seeds throw it in the dro system whats the vege/flowering time? (since im doing shorter plants with shorter grow times and getting the same weight)

and i will definitely set up the closet and check the temps b4 i throw the girls in..

i cant thank you enough G.OD for your help! Were going to make this happen brother!

So i guess my little ol magnetic ballast and lamp that i have a link to isnt my best bet? the price is cheaper anyway u can send me a link to a good cheap system? i wouldnt mind upgrading to digital i only chose the old system because i was worried bout my $1320.00 budget..

Latest posts

Top Bottom