Status
Not open for further replies.
~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
From the Family of Jack Herer, author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes

Van Nuys, California, August, 2010

Dear Friends of Hemp and Cannabis,

Our father, Jack Herer, was a man of leadership, compassion and idealism. He worked relentlessly for decades to achieve his dream of legalizing Cannabis hemp in all its forms, personal, medical and industrial. He wanted Cannabis to be free and open, and to be given full respect for its enormous economic, environmental and cultural benefits.

As an idealist, Jack was adverse to half measures. He originally opposed Prop 215 because it stopped at medical use only. He initially opposed Senate Bill 420 because it set limited quantities as a safe harbor. Over time, however, he came to appreciate the freedoms they created, and took pride in the role he played in inspiring those changes. Jack’s great fear about Prop 215 and SB 420 was that people would accept those limits, become complacent and stop working for full legalization. He feared we would be stuck with medical use forever.

Likewise, Jack railed against Tax Cannabis 2010, now Proposition 19, and its plan for limited legalization and local authority to tax and regulate marijuana sales to adults 21 and above. It falls far short of what he wanted. Jack ‘wanted it all,’ and Prop 19 is just a part of that dream. Unfortunately, Jack passed away before Prop 19 made the 2010 ballot; so many people think he would still oppose it. We don’t believe that, and we ask that everyone stop saying he would cling to that position as we move toward the Nov. 2 vote.

As his family, we want the world to know that the last thing Jack Herer would want is for Californians to vote to keep Cannabis illegal. He was smart and had the political savvy to know that once a measure is on the ballot, the time for bickering has passed. That is why he campaigned for Prop 215 despite its shortcomings. That is why, were he able, he would now be telling voters to rally around and Vote Yes on Prop 19.

Does that mean he would want everyone to stop and be happy with the modest changes that Prop 19 affords? Absolutely not! What Jack would want us to do right now is to support Prop 19, and come Nov. 3 he would be right back again, telling you to renew your commitment to bring a comprehensive California Hemp and Health Initiative to the voters in 2012 or some future date. Jack Herer would ask – no, he would demand your yes vote on Prop 19, along with a pledge to continue fighting for the plant, the people and the planet.

It is true that Prop 19 does not fulfill our father’s dream; but it takes us much closer to achieving it than we are now, and for that reason we, his family, endorse Prop 19 today.

Please vote yes on Prop 19 Nov 2, but do it with the dedication to keep working toward complete legalization in Jack’s honor.

Sincerely, Dan Herer et al.

K

kushpheen

Jack was a very well informed cannabis activist, I find it VERY hard to believe after all his speeches vehemently opposing prop 19 he would buckle and agree to vote yes on this flawed piece of shit proposition or try to convince anyone else to compromise themselves and settle for anything less than true legalization. You should be ashamed of yourself using the Herer name to promote this proposition, Jack would disown you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, if they're his family they sort of have a place and a right to think they can speak for the man. That said, I don't care what Jack may or may not have though of the proposition. *I* don't like it and will be voting according to my knowledge and conscience, not anyone else's.

S

supasticky

Jack was a very well informed cannabis activist, I find it VERY hard to believe after all his speeches vehemently opposing prop 19 he would buckle and agree to vote yes on this flawed piece of shit proposition or try to convince anyone else to compromise themselves and settle for anything less than true legalization. You should be ashamed of yourself using the Herer name to promote this proposition, Jack would disown you.

:afroweed:

E

edux10

i saw this a few days before it was posted here. I couldnt belive they were doing this!

So sad to be exploited after you die. Especally when they do it to someone legit as Jack. Shamless ploy to get people to pass 19. Like "Do it for Jack"

I really dont think Jack would have been down for ONLY THE GOVERMENT to TAX this holy herb. Really (like government weed) i dont buy it.

J

Jalisco Kid

It's a bad law and I too will wait for 2012 to vote on a better version. And fuck R. Lee and the horse he road in on.
I wish Jack's family a quick healing time. JK

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Jack use to stay at my house when he was in town and I respect him tons. His son Dan was the one saying this not me.

But coming from NC I think peeps in Cali are a bit spoiled if they smoke and vote against prop 19. There are still 36 states with suffering patients including ours and we are fighting as hard as we can to change just that.

Peace

M

MSL Foundation

Jack use to stay at my house when he was in town and I respect him tons. His son Dan was the one saying this not me.

But coming from NC I think peeps in Cali are a bit spoiled if they smoke and vote against prop 19. There are still 36 states with suffering patients including ours and we are fighting as hard as we can to change just that.

Peace

If Jack stayed at your house then you know he really disliked prop 19. He would get so upset about prop 19 I would get worried about his heart as we would speak.

But to say we are spoiled because we are following direction from the father of the legalization movement and following our own common sense is a little harsh.

Everyone keeps saying at least it is a step in the right direction and to that I say just because it is a step does not mean it is in the right direction.

If this can get on the ballot then who is to say we can not take The Jack Herer Initiative and get a good law on the books...Now that would be a step in the right direction.

This is what happens in politics all the time. There is a need for a law and some politicians use that need to make it benefit themselves or special interest groups.

Same story different subject.

Still all about money, jacking the public's rights to squeeze out some more money.

MSL

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Peace
What on earth does that have to do with anything? We should vote the way a non-resident wants us to vote because he thinks we're spoiled??? Because other states still enforce draconian laws?

You can't be serious. Us voting in a shit law for ourselves isn't going to make the row you have to hoe any less rocky.

I repeat, even if Mr. Herer did support this law, *I* don't like it and absolutely will not be voting in favor of it, and that's the way it's gonna be. I wipe my own ass, I make my own decisions, I make up my own mind, and I place my vote according to my conscience and nobody else's. I will not be "shamed" into voting a certain way just because another state has different laws. That borders on offensive if it hasn't already crossed that line.

K

kushpheen

Peace

Kakalak look at the states that are currently passing medical cannabis laws like new jersey or arizona. The legislature in those states passed much stricter laws regarding the sale, possession and cultivation than California's voter approved initiative prop 215. Asking Californians to pass the initiative so 5 or 10 years down the road your state will pass a much stricter version is an argument that will not sway my vote or anyone else that realizes whats truly at stake come this November.

At least some of California realizes that if possession of an ounce is a max $100 fine with absolutely no criminal record attached, is a much better solution than paying a $100 in taxes every time you purchase an ounce. Here's the real difference between taxes and fines. Taxes you'll pay everyday, fines you'll pay only when you slip up and get caught...which is almost never for some of us.....

If your a true cannabis legalization activist like Jack was, you know this proposition does much more harm than good for the entire country and the true cannabis legalization movement.

VOTE FUCKING NO!

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Like I said this was from Jack's son Dan and was on the Norml site. The reason I posted it is because I saw a post a while back asking if Jack would support it but I couldn't find it.

Don't be such sensitive little biatches!

I could give a shit less what the laws are in California because I will never live there. But from what I here your state could really use the tax money. I would gladly pay taxes on it. Most of the people who don't want it passed are growers who will lose money. Ounces would cost the same but the grower would not be making crazy profits.

Giddeon

Giddeon

for the record... i agree with kakalak... someone is always going to get rich.. who am i to say. but that seems about right to me what Jack would think. Raids and harassment in the courtrooms over this subject are happening everyday in and out of California. Face the facts our government doesn't like this plant and the only way we can change that is to show that people want it.. Ya the law has problems but if people are still getting raided apparently their are still some unsolved problems? Its a lot easier to make the change than fight against the bad aspects of the bill later and prove in court that certain aspects need to be changed.. Cuz politics are a bitch in itself, and none of you without substantial amounts of money, dedication, and time dealing with bull shit politicians are going to get any better off of a law anytime soon.. Plus I know you people from cali are just born naturally supperior an should have so much more rights than the others around the world and i know most you guys really could give 2 shits about anyone else or where they live.. but it would make a pretty BIG difference in how the world and other states look at the issue.

on the other hand, If you already have friends and family you grow for Whats so hard about growing better herb than they can commercially? Or is your herb not good enough to keep them around? Shouldn't we be trading fruits with each other from our gardens rather than buying commercial grocery store shit anyway? If there is a problem grow it yourself and dont support the big business whats so hard about that? Should just be like brewing tastier beer than Budweiser?... not very hard to do..

stickyicky

stickyicky

Like I said this was from Jack's son Dan and was on the Norml site. The reason I posted it is because I saw a post a while back asking if Jack would support it but I couldn't find it.

Don't be such sensitive little biatches!

I could give a shit less what the laws are in California because I will never live there. But from what I here your state could really use the tax money. I would gladly pay taxes on it. Most of the people who don't want it passed are growers who will lose money. Ounces would cost the same but the grower would not be making crazy profits.

for the record... i agree with kakalak... someone is always going to get rich.. who am i to say. but that seems about right to me what Jack would think. Raids and harassment in the courtrooms over this subject are happening everyday in and out of California. Face the facts our government doesn't like this plant and the only way we can change that is to show that people want it.. Ya the law has problems but if people are still getting raided apparently their are still some unsolved problems? Its a lot easier to make the change than fight against the bad aspects of the bill later and prove in court that certain aspects need to be changed.. Cuz politics are a bitch in itself, and none of you without substantial amounts of money, dedication, and time dealing with bull shit politicians are going to get any better off of a law anytime soon.. Plus I know you people from cali are just born naturally supperior an should have so much more rights than the others around the world and i know most you guys really could give 2 shits about anyone else or where they live.. but it would make a pretty BIG difference in how the world and other states look at the issue.

on the other hand, If you already have friends and family you grow for Whats so hard about growing better herb than they can commercially? Or is your herb not good enough to keep them around? Shouldn't we be trading fruits with each other from our gardens rather than buying commercial grocery store shit anyway? If there is a problem grow it yourself and dont support the big business whats so hard about that? Should just be like brewing tastier beer than Budweiser?... not very hard to do..

Simple minded views from simple minded people that don't live in Cali and don't make a damn bit o difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom