FrostBox reviews

• Thread starter fixer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fixer

Hello all: I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the FrostBox mini-split units? Are they worth the extra money? Seems a bit expensive compared to most I've seen but wanted to know if anyone could help justify the extra cost. Gracias- fixer

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I installed mine by myself in one day and I am really liking it. I only needed help lifting the inside unit/putting the hose through the wall at the same time. I ran the electrical the same day. Only thing I don't like is not having controls on the main unit.. everything is via remote. Anyway idealair wont have any plug and play for a while, and I wasnt gonna wait.

F

fasteddy0

Actually Ideal Air's mini split that is rated 15 seer will apparently be available this month. The new ones will have a heat pump and the ability to wire in this external thermostat.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I called last moth and they said they had no idea. They were supposed to have them in January. They are fucked up on back orders. I couldn't wait for them to get their shit together.

The frost box is 16 seer. it heats and cools. it has a wire that will measure the temp anywhere in the room (I hang mine at the tops).

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
that thermostat looks useless. Why the fuck wouldnt they just put a day night control if they are gonna go through all that trouble.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

one of my friends had a shitton of problems with an ideal air mini split and also with their service while dealing with the issues. 3+ months later it ended in a refund and a switch to water cooling.

ttystikk

ttystikk

one of my friends had a shitton of problems with an ideal air mini split and also with their service while dealing with the issues. 3+ months later it ended in a refund and a switch to water cooling.

Water cooling is the shit- not only is it more efficient, but you can cool multiple rooms and hydro systems with just one unit. And any good engineer will tell you a basic tenet of such designs; as the solution gets more complex, the failure rates increase exponentially. This is why most new jet airliner designs have only two engines, because four has twice the potential for failure.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
frost box: out of business. :(

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Nothing but problems. Worked fine for 6 months and I was happy. The problem is the "Plug and Play Shit". There are 7 fittings they these jokers at FROSTBOX jimmy rigged. Overtime they leaked first time at the condenser the second 4 months later they leaked again at the air handler. TOTAL BULLSHIT! PISSED ME OFF BIG TIME. When they sell you the Frostbox unit with the "pre-charged lines" The lines are suppose to have freon in them. They don't. They advertise precharged. But what is precharged is just the condenser unit which is good for 25 feet of line. But the copper lines bought from Frostbox is 50 feet of lines. So your already running short on cooling freon in you system. Ask any air conditioning HVAC tech about having 7 fucking fittings on the end of each copper feed line from the air handler connection to the condenser. Guaranteed they will look at you like your fucking nuts. It just means you have 14 opportunities for a leak at some point. They will leak. I promise. Please don't tell me FROSTBOX kiss asses, flag waivers and GreenCoast workerbees that use this forum that I put it on wrong because I didn't. It only goes on one fucking way or it doesn't thread. When it does fail and it will fail who you gonna call? Better have an HVAC guy on stand bye. Because if not your fucked and so is your crop. AVOID THE FROSTBOX 3 ton and 5 ton industrial units. Buy a regular 5 ton unit and have an HVAC guy do it right the fucking first time before you plant anything in beds or DWC. I'll post some photos of these "Plug and Play" fittings that Im ready to throw through the front window of FROSTBOX or Greencoast corporate offices. FrostBox is a Goodman air cond. It says it right on the inside of the fucking air handler. Frostbox bought the air conditioners from Goodman and retrofitted with these stupid fittings. Don't make the same mistake I did. Am I the exception the to rule? Maybe but the exception proves the rule, their system failed. Why take the chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom