frothy, foamy rez

• Thread starter stardust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MASSES 420KING

hi...ive had a really wierd thing happen to my reservoir the last couple of days. Its basically beer! :thinking, so much foam on top!!!..

its got something to do with benis (Aquashield) and their CO2 biproduct? and all the carbs im adding (Honey -es, Molases). ..

Im in week 5, ripening Master Kushes...they seem okay,and i change their rez daily (drain to waste) but im concernced this froth is going to cause root problems..

the first day i saw the foam i had added 200ml of molases and 200ml of Honey-ES carbs as wells as 300ml of aquashield and i think other things have benis too like budswell from bat guano etc...

saw some foam...

the second day i added no aquashield and only 200ml of Honey es and today there is MORE foam than before!!! ph is also elevating to 7.0..aghhh..;(

what's going on?? has anyone had this happen??

unfortunatley you have a yeast infection go to hydro shop and buy hydroguard if u wanna stay with that specific grow but ur gonna have to definatley run a 50/50 bleach water solution for a couple hours threw your system to get rid of the bacteria growing i had this issue 4 /5 years ago so if u have anymore questions dropem here or pm me and ill hit you up asap:yes:passingjoint:

M

MASSES 420KING

I Put in bold and underlined the nutrients that most definitely facilitate bacteria growth. The Humboldt honey and molasses was the food. The Flora blend was the organic and mineral matter for the microbes to hold onto and eat as well. Then the Budswell probably did the trick by introducing bacteria and fungi to the nute solution. As a result bacteria flourished and raised the ph. Fungi give off acid byproducts when they eat and bacteria give of alkaline slime byproducts when they eat. In turn the Bacteria to Fungi ratio in Organics is what ultimately determines PH. I probably would omit those nutes from my rez next time. Maybe just use the honey es alone. Or just use sweet. Its a hydro carb.

I think you are right on the money

Doesn't look like too much foam. Sometimes molasses foams up a bit I am assuming It may be an organic reaction between all the minerals, vitamins and oxygen in the water. Not sure though. Generally I think using Sweet in a hydro res is a better idea. It is more refined so it shouldn't really facilitate bacteria or fungal growth witch you don't want in a rez. I wouldn't worry too much about it if your plants are doing fine. Just make sure it doesn't progress.

hes not making an organic tea in his rez his plant and whole system has a yeast infection and it will kill your plants if not treated immediatley

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

so I think figured whatever this was out..I think it was the molasses mainly because the only thing I had in my DWC was hygrozyme and trinity which has molasses..and I've never had foam problems.. until I added the trinity and a day later that shit was foaming..

Latest posts

Top Bottom