Frozen icey bud. what to do for extraction

• Thread starter mxer.kx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mxer.kx

mxer.kx

Long storey short I had my indoor crop go to shit with mites. (Threw everything at them with no luck as it was late flower) So chopped and now this is where i screwed up. I dunked them in water for about a min gently thinking thc is not water solluable and would effectively drown and remove the mites. Then bagged and froze them. End result being big ass blocks of icey bud. Any suggestions on next course of action? Ive got bubble bags so was thinking break them up add water and ice and make bubble hash but concerned since its got some ice on it will the trichomes be effectively loosened up and captured. Alternatively was thinking lay all the frozen bud on a mesh over a Rubbermaid bin and have a couple fans to blow over it and then make the bubble hash. Lastly as a third option using dry ice to make bubble hash but again would the ice on it impact extraction and if so would drying on the mesh with a fan be an effective way around it?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would imagine that if you make the ice water ready and then dunk the frozen buds in there and let it sit for 10 minutes and start the washing/agitation that it would work, I haven't tried it myself though so don't take my word as gospel.

CF89

CF89

I’ve read this will just turn into a disgusting mush.

sound like you made mistake after mistake after mistake and now have a spider mite infested green mush to show for it. Ew

chalk this up to a lesson learned the hard way.

the spider mites alone had you on thin ice imo and barely having useable material. The ice blocks just put the nails in your coffin IMO.

Top Bottom