Fruit Flies - DWC - Clay Pebbles - General Hydroponics Expert Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

• Thread starter MiloF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MiloF

Guy.. Could use some help. Second grow, two weeks away from harvest. I took out the tent in my garage room, painted the walls white.. blah blah.. hate tents. . Switched from LeD to an HPA.

Went to water them, and when I lifted the lid fruit flies poured out of two of them. I set traps, those red little apple ones, not one fruit fly in there.

Using 7 gallon buckets, with a basket/ clay pebble medium.

Worried there going to eat out the roots. Is there something other then traps to prevent it? How do I stop it?

Two weeks away from harvest.

Fruit flies   dwc   clay pebbles   general hydroponics expert recirculating nutrient schedule
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
it's just vinegar and soap or some shit in those apples, they i would assume have an insanely small range with an area like that. have you tried a larger pan using the same ingredients? like scale up that apple about 10-20x and see if that can attract them? fruit flies are nasty little shits

MidwestCannaman

MidwestCannaman

I always use microbe lift bmc, it's a larvacide that kills them off yet safe for humans, animals, and plants. itll take care of your problem in short order. Good luck!

M

MiloF

it's just vinegar and soap or some shit in those apples, they i would assume have an insanely small range with an area like that. have you tried a larger pan using the same ingredients? like scale up that apple about 10-20x and see if that can attract them? fruit flies are nasty little shits
I didn’t think of that.. That’s a great idea, I’ll give it a try. Thank you for the suggestion.

Top Bottom