Fruit infused water for watering cannabis plants?

• Thread starter ItsMosher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Hey farmers I was talking to a guy at work and he said that leaving strawberries in his water when he grew (didn’t break rule 1 and tell him I am), made his bud taste and smell like strawberries. Is there any truth to this or just a placebo?

Has anyone tried this themselves? Did it work or just act like reg water?

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Can’t be true. Think about it. What if your friend liked mangoes? Did what work? It’s water.
🤷🏼‍♂️ idk lol, just curious if anyone’s tried to use fruit infused water to water their plants before, and if so, did it change anything about the plant’s flowers

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hey farmers I was talking to a guy at work and he said that leaving strawberries in his water when he grew (didn’t break rule 1 and tell him I am), made his bud taste and smell like strawberries. Is there any truth to this or just a placebo?

It’s bro science bud
Years ago this question would come up one a week some wondering if it would change the taste others wondering if the suger would help and it was always no and answered by folks with much more knowledge than me.
It went along the lines of cannabis can’t take up fruit infused water or something along them lines

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

It’s bro science bud
Years ago this question would come up one a week some wondering if it would change the taste others wondering if the suger would help and it was always no and answered by folks with much more knowledge than me.
It went along the lines of cannabis can’t take up fruit infused water or something along them lines
I thought so but figured this was a good place to ask ✌🏼

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

If those strawberries had dirt on them and if they sat in that water for weeks then. That would basically be a fermented fruit extract. That would definitely help plants during flower. I personally noticed a huge difference in strawberry cough. Using fermented fruit juice the strawberry came out hard. I noticed it enhanced what was already there as far as terps aroma flavor IMHO.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Whether added substances can affect flavor is an interesting question. We know some can, because that's supposedly one of the reasons we stop feeding the plants a few weeks before harvest. Nutrients, however, are substances the plants need, so they'll consume them. What, then, would a plant do with substances it doesn't need? I suspect not much.

Relatedly, I've seen discussions about whether watering in molasses can sweeten a plant's flavor. Most folks seem to think not, but many agree it nurtures microbial life, which is important for organic growing. I suspect that could be true for other types of tea or infusion. I use molasses and people say they like the flavor of my weed, and I believe that is mostly due to how I dry and cure my weed, and not what I add to the water or soil.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

thanks for the replies farmers, I might give it a try and have some reg water flower to test it against down the line. Maybe when I can do two plants at once lol

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Interesting. It just depends on a few factors. You obviously ph it before you feed. But the ppm level of the water that the fruits that soak in water pass to it. What about the acids as well.

Not gonna hurt it I imagine. As far as seeing a positive impact your giving the sugars from the fruit to the roots?

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

thanks for the replies farmers, I might give it a try and have some reg water flower to test it against down the line. Maybe when I can do two plants at once lol
To my knowledge it doesn’t work. I can tell you companies like Bud Candy add Grape seed and Cranberry extract.
So I have been experimenting with homemade grape molasses with cranberry and so far all it has done it make it taste more pungent

IMG 5542
IMG 5541
Z

Zill

Hey dream fox,
How do you suppose a plant root “picks” up simple fruit sugars like sucrose? It doesn’t. Before a simple sugar gets to a root hair it’s been sucked up by the soil microbes. Everything live in soil is under starvation conditions. Simple sugars go down not up. No uptake or transport mechanism.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Hey dream fox,
How do you suppose a plant root “picks” up simple fruit sugars like sucrose? It doesn’t. Before a simple sugar gets to a root hair it’s been sucked up by the soil microbes. Everything live in soil is under starvation conditions. Simple sugars go down not up. No uptake or transport mechanism.
It doesnt, it feeds the microbes that form around the root, improving uptake of nutrients

Z

Zill

Copy that, thanks.

Simple sugars/ molasses or other high octane fuels will most certainly cause explosions in microbe populations. But bear in mind, they are consuming raw sugar. That enormous population explosion dies off instantly once that fuel is consumed. If they are eating the free stuff not much of the more complex soil organics are being broken down. No biggie. If you think it helps add it.

voltage

voltage

🤷🏼‍♂️ idk lol, just curious if anyone’s tried to use fruit infused water to water their plants before, and if so, did it change anything about the plant’s flowers
I use az ice tea containers to water. They did have sentiment in them.
I hope it don't taste like az rx tea

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
There may be times during a plant's life when nurturing the growth of microbe populations with added sugars could be beneficial. This idea is based on the symbiotic relationship between the plant and the microbes. The more microbes there are to support the plant, the better the plant will be able to support the microbes. Therefore, perhaps the best time to grow microbes would be during vegetation, when the plant is adding mass. Another time might be during late flowering, when nutrients in the soil are being depleted, so adding sugars would enable the plant to ripen longer, for those who like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom