Fruit Tree Identification????

• Thread starter below frigid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

Here are a few photos of one of our fruit trees. It looks almost identical to the Nectarine tree next to it. When in bloom it had pink flowers and the Nectarines were more purple/pink. Peaches are ready for picking. Nectarines still have maybe another month. This tree whatever it is? Is not even close. The fruit is about the size of a golf ball and has fuzz like peaches. Was thinking Apricots but the leaves are wrong. The leaves look just like the Peach and Nectarine. Thought maybe Plum but the fuzz makes me think not. Anyone? Our poor Peach tree has so many Peaches she cant even hold them up. Never knew so many could be on one tree. I have already picked a few hundred and you can't miss any. I really think there is close to a thousand on that poor little tree.
Fruit tree identification
Fruit tree identification 2
Fruit tree identification 3
Fruit tree identification 4
Fruit tree identification 5

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like another peach to me, and brother, those trees need some heavy pruning! Do it after the fruit's dropped or been harvested. then next year, watch the fruits get much larger, though not as many. :)

below frigid

below frigid

Not a peach. LOL, I talked to my neighbor who used to live here and he says it's an apricot? I have seen a couple of pics of apricots with leaves like this but most had a different type of leaf. I just moved to this house in January and I could tell the trees had not been pruned in many years so I did prune a lot off them. I do have another peach that is loaded with fruit that are ripe. This tree whatever it is, is at least a month away from being ripe. I have tasted them. They are so green it's hard to tell. Does not taste like a peach though. I guess we will just have to be patient to find out for sure.

below frigid

below frigid

Yeah, maybe? I was thinking that too. But I don't think plums have fuzz?

auldone

auldone

I would say apricots but its late in the year. At least from my experience in the Central Valley of Cali... With the weather that Cali had this last year, maybe the apricots are still doin there thing there?

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Some of the late season apricots such as Autum Glo ripen in August...

auldone

auldone

I remember as a kid goin to the Apricot Festival in Patterson and I want to say that was in June. With all the fruit and veggies that come from that area, its a bit hard to think back and separate times. Its all summertime in my minds eye, lol... Seems like we were able to pick something at just about any time of the year... How I miss The Valley...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Below, I am SO FUCKING JEALOUS of you and your God damn peach trees! Our tree gave us a couple dozen peaches. ALL but one were knocked and chewed by birds.
Not a peach. LOL, I talked to my neighbor who used to live here and he says it's an apricot? I have seen a couple of pics of apricots with leaves like this but most had a different type of leaf. I just moved to this house in January and I could tell the trees had not been pruned in many years so I did prune a lot off them. I do have another peach that is loaded with fruit that are ripe. This tree whatever it is, is at least a month away from being ripe. I have tasted them. They are so green it's hard to tell. Does not taste like a peach though. I guess we will just have to be patient to find out for sure.
Where I grew up we had apricots and the leaves are heart-shaped. I'm hardly an apricot expert, but I couldn't find any pix of apricot leaves that looked like this, only peach and nectarine.
maybe a plum tree variety?
I've never seen a plum with fuzz on the skin, though. Also, plum skins tend to be very, very thin as compared to peaches and apricots.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

LoL! Then it must be a peachcot which is an apricot/ peach hybrid. The leaves are def peach and the fruit does look like small peaches but if the neighbor says they're apricots then it's gotta be a hybrid. Here's a pic I found online of a peachcot

Peachcot

Top Bottom