Fuck Alcohol

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

As much as alc0hol helps me at parties i despise how it makes me act sometimes. I fucking hte how its completly accepted socially while cannabis is considered a scourge. I havent sm0ked in almost 2 months, but have been drinking more than i would like over those 2 months, because not having something to cut loose with after work is frustrating.

Some people dont like cannabis, and i respect that. Some people enjoy a few beers or a drink instead of a nice joint or bowl, but i like cannabis escpecially because i have had problems with illicit substances in the past especially alcohol. Now alcohol has never been a non stop morning drink, type of thing, but, when i do drink i tend to drink quite a bit. When i was a kid i would black out quite a bit, but with cannabis this just isnt possible. One of the things i love is nugtron just dosent make you a different person, with alcohol i tend to become an individual i dont like.

I hate being in trouble, and i hve tried to remain out of any ones radar since i was a teenager, but alcohol consistently gets me in the hot seat for years. Whether it was the first time being arrested back in Newburyport when i was a teenager, or getting thrown in jail over a fight in Bend, alcohol is the one drug that can either provide such great nights, or literally the worst night of my life.

Some, maybe all might say "dammn dog you an alchiee" maybe i am, but unfortuntley society accepts a few drinks, and its so ingrained in our culture, i dont think ill stop having a drink here or there. But, take away cannabis like my current job has, for the last 2 months at least. ( waiting on a drug test, took over 2 months to get clean nd still stressing) I need something to kill the pain from work and physical pain from certain medicl conditons, and yes im also taking pain killers for said conditions.

Just bugs me because if i were a employer and i took away alcohol as an option, i know so many people at my job would never be able to deal. They my say "oh yea i could not drink for 2 months" yea there probly right, but they would not be happy, and be looking foward to the day they could cut loose with a big ole drink. And dont get me started on the fact that, like ever good addict knows, you cn get high as fuck on meth, heroin, benzos,cocaine, ecstacy, and literlly whtev er other had drug i can think of and not stress becuse that shit is out of your system in 5 days max, usually 3 max for the really bad ones like heroin and coke.

Sorry im just bummed because ive been thc free, and alcohol and me just never go well, may be yall are diff, but i know alot of foks here have dealt with some bu;llshit and i think can relate. Maybe not, maybe just a rant but sorry im a little buzzed and dealing with my healthcare situation over the phone

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
If you think you got a problem now just wait...
Cunning, baffling, powerful, patient.
For me it got worse as the years went on, thinking WTF just drink..
Nothing lasts forever. someday you will smoke as much as you wish, for now try to find other passions that are far more appealing than the booze.
that's what got me started. You maybe surprised that there are so many other way cool things to see and do than waste time and money on drinking....
13 years for me not a drop....
The stories I could tell..

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I am at about 120 days now, I have a few stories as well, I feel very ashamed, it got to the point where my shame overcame my desire to drink socially with friends because I knew I would lose it, now I know I am good as long as I don't grab that first one.

colostoney

colostoney

im glad I never was a drinker maybe a few drinks a year and it slams me one drink
makes dating tricky most gals drink socially I know and I don't do well in bars
Im totally addicted to weed though I haven't went a day dry in years years
im an addict:(

my ol man and grandparents were all stereo type n8tive alcoholics
always violent stumbling all over talking shit
so I was always turned off from it I just smoke and do hallucinogenics A lot
all ya folks trying to get away from it stick to the herbs she loves you
booze don't

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The High Cost of Excessive Drinking to States
ShareCompartir
Find out how much excessive alcohol use costs where you live.
Excessive alcohol use cost states a median of $2.9 billion in 2006, ranging from $420 million in North Dakota to $32 billion in California, according to a new CDC study. This means the median cost per state for each alcoholic drink consumed was about $1.91. Binge drinking—consuming 5 or more drinks on an occasion for men or 4 or more drinks on an occasion for women—was responsible for more than 70% of these costs.
The District of Columbia (DC) had the highest per-person cost ($1,662), while Utah had the highest cost per drink ($2.74). Furthermore, about $2 of every $5 in state costs were paid by government, ranging from 37% of the costs in Mississippi to 45% of the total costs in Utah.
The researchers found that costs due to excessive drinking largely resulted from losses in workplace productivity, health care expenses, and other costs due to a combination of criminal justice expenses, motor vehicle crash costs, and property damage. Across all states and DC, the share of costs from productivity losses ranged from 61% in Wyoming to 82% in DC, and the share of costs from health care expenses ranged from 8% in Texas to 16% in Vermont.
These estimates were based on a previous CDC study that found that excessive drinking cost the United States $223.5 billion in 2006. Costs were assessed for states and DC across 26 cost categories using data multiple sources.
Researchers believe that the study's findings are underestimated because it did not consider a number of other costs, such as those due to pain and suffering by the excessive drinker or others who were affected by the drinking. Even so, the total costs for excessive drinking to states were generally of the same order of magnitude as the costs for smoking or Medicaid.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I am at about 120 days now, I have a few stories as well, I feel very ashamed, it got to the point where my shame overcame my desire to drink socially with friends because I knew I would lose it, now I know I am good as long as I don't grab that first one.

Hang in there! Just remind your self all the BAD shit alcohol has done, and then ask your self what GOOD alcohol has done.. Pretty easy to realize theres no good to be had so might as well keep pushing those days :D

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Exactly man... Exactly, That is it, I am powerless if I pick it up, I am free if I leave it be. Thanks for that Brother! And right back at ya...

Natural

Natural

heart goes out to ya my man. got lots of brothers and sisters in the same boat because of job related piss tests. I say buy a whizanator..I had a friend on felony probation and used it right in front of a cop for years. works for preliminary tests not so good for randoms. that's why I stay self employed..cover the rest with my garden surplus.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i understand how it can get, ive had struggles with alot of other drugs that are much more difficult for me to control, still deling with it. Like many people on the farm who have gotten into hot water with pills and powders and what not. Ive been here and there and back again, been sober and clean off everything including the gang for over a year a couple times. Just frustrated becasue this new job really screwed up my "regiment" i geuss its not great that i need a regiment, but it worked and i had been doing great just smoking bud, and sticking to my doctor prescribed stuff. Was actually starting to ween off the pharmies, becasue the marijuana was helping with the pain.

Appreciate all the support, definetly a stupid rant, and hypocritical seeing as i was intoxicated last night, but damn after working 10 hrs something to unwind is nice. Once this test is behind me i dont have to worry about any more so.. thanks for the suggestions, i consider myself an artist and havent drawn or painted anything in the past year. Mostly from moving all around, but thats just me making up an excuse to not bust out my sketch pad at least. Gonna give some of your suggestions a shot.

And the fact that cannabis is finally coming around is awesome, hoepfully soon it will be much more accepted socially, i heard somewhere that most of the country is estimated to becomne legal by 2017, and after this last election and the entire west coast going rec, and DC!, i definetly think its possible.
Much Love D-mac

Calixylon

Calixylon

If only cannabis infused food or a joint ws passed around the tables with family, instead of the countless cases of beer, and wine. I know alot of people and families who would end up having a much more peaceful, respectful, and thankful, Thanksgiving. Once im free of this test, ill be back to cutting the booze.

Thanks Chicken i enjoyed your story, its gutwrenchingingly similar to mine, im much younger but im glad im at least aware of what drugs and alcohol do to me. Ive lost everything ive ever had, more than once, and finally im tired of that. Have a good thnksgivng yall, and drive safe if your traveling. We got slammed in the northeast, but it does make for a pretty landscape.
Much Love
D-Mac

Heres an aweosme closing from Kerouacs "Dharma Bums" Credit to Jack, and good ole NPR for shring it this morning, but i enjoyed it hopefully yall will to.

"Japhy," I said out loud, "I don't know when we'll meet again or what'll happen in the future, but Desolation, Desolation, I owe so much to Desolation, thank you forever for guiding me to the place where I learned all. Now comes the sadness of coming back to cities and I've grown two months older and there's all that humanity of bars and burlesque shows and gritty love, all upsidedown in the void God bless them, but Japhy you and me forever we know, O ever youthful, O ever weeping." Down on the lake rosy reflections of celestial vapor appeared and I said, "God, I love you" and looked up to the sky and really meant it. "I have fallen in love with you, God. Take care of us all, one way or the other."

To the children and the innocent it's all the same.

And in keeping with Japhy's habit of always getting down on one knee and delivering a little prayer to the camp we left, to the one in the Sierra, and the others in Marin, and the little prayer of gratitude he had delivered to Sean's shack the day he sailed away, as I was hiking down the mountain with my pack I turned and knelt on the trail and said, "Thank you, shack." Then I added, "Blah," with a little grin, because I knew that shack and that mountain would understand what it meant, and turned and went on down the trail back to this world.

trippinballz

trippinballz

I can relate. I remember the Summer of '90. No pot ANYWHERE. Busch beer was $9.99 a case and the cooler was always full. What a fuckin mess of a mess. Everyday I'd get up hungover as fuck...SWEAR I wasn't gonna do a repeat drunk later that day...

ah...the best laid plans....

Hang in there, Calixylon. Your mind/body is already showing you the way....now ya just gotta figure out how to get your FREE WILL to step up and be heard.

pulling for ya.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I can relate. I remember the Summer of '90. No pot ANYWHERE. Busch beer was $9.99 a case and the cooler was always full. What a fuckin mess of a mess. Everyday I'd get up hungover as fuck...SWEAR I wasn't gonna do a repeat drunk later that day...

ah...the best laid plans....

Hang in there, Calixylon. Your mind/body is already showing you the way....now ya just gotta figure out how to get your FREE WILL to step up and be heard.

pulling for ya.....

Drink, drank, drunk..
So many times said never again....Really thousands of times...
13 years, 13 days, 13 minutes it's all one day, one hour, one minute at a time.
When you think you got it defeated that's when you really need to work on staying in the moment and not get into stinking thinking that you are stronger than it is because you will NEVER get enough strength to win the battle. It's called sweet surrender. So much easier than trying to fight a battle that cannot be won.......Like boxer who gets into the ring and gets KOed every time, just do not step into ring and you cannot lose...

colostoney

colostoney

Oh yeah I'll save that booze for a shot before bed with a lil honey n mint when I got a bad chest cold but lol my immune systems on crack I rarely ever get a virus
Im glad the actual buzz to alcohols just too much a bummer for my psychedelic freakyness
Gonna sip a lil shroom tea lemonade eat a few canna cookies and enjoy some the best of my harvest
then take my pups for a long walk and wait for all my mooched food to come rollin in
I usually get food from both my neighbors, my sister and at least a couple my nicest patients every year
so I just relax after my zoo in gardens are happy

Mogrow

Mogrow

As much as alc0hol helps me at parties i despise how it makes me act sometimes. I fucking hte how its completly accepted socially while cannabis is considered a scourge. I havent sm0ked in almost 2 months, but have been drinking more than i would like over those 2 months, because not having something to cut loose with after work is frustrating.

Some people dont like cannabis, and i respect that. Some people enjoy a few beers or a drink instead of a nice joint or bowl, but i like cannabis escpecially because i have had problems with illicit substances in the past especially alcohol. Now alcohol has never been a non stop morning drink, type of thing, but, when i do drink i tend to drink quite a bit. When i was a kid i would black out quite a bit, but with cannabis this just isnt possible. One of the things i love is nugtron just dosent make you a different person, with alcohol i tend to become an individual i dont like.

I hate being in trouble, and i hve tried to remain out of any ones radar since i was a teenager, but alcohol consistently gets me in the hot seat for years. Whether it was the first time being arrested back in Newburyport when i was a teenager, or getting thrown in jail over a fight in Bend, alcohol is the one drug that can either provide such great nights, or literally the worst night of my life.

Some, maybe all might say "dammn dog you an alchiee" maybe i am, but unfortuntley society accepts a few drinks, and its so ingrained in our culture, i dont think ill stop having a drink here or there. But, take away cannabis like my current job has, for the last 2 months at least. ( waiting on a drug test, took over 2 months to get clean nd still stressing) I need something to kill the pain from work and physical pain from certain medicl conditons, and yes im also taking pain killers for said conditions.

Just bugs me because if i were a employer and i took away alcohol as an option, i know so many people at my job would never be able to deal. They my say "oh yea i could not drink for 2 months" yea there probly right, but they would not be happy, and be looking foward to the day they could cut loose with a big ole drink. And dont get me started on the fact that, like ever good addict knows, you cn get high as fuck on meth, heroin, benzos,cocaine, ecstacy, and literlly whtev er other had drug i can think of and not stress becuse that shit is out of your system in 5 days max, usually 3 max for the really bad ones like heroin and coke.

Sorry im just bummed because ive been thc free, and alcohol and me just never go well, may be yall are diff, but i know alot of foks here have dealt with some bu;llshit and i think can relate. Maybe not, maybe just a rant but sorry im a little buzzed and dealing with my healthcare situation over the phone
i hear ya calixylon, i don't like that booze does to me either. the blackouts not knowing what you've done, the ass you made of yourself, all that shit,
it's one of the great injustices of our country that cannabis is illegal and alcohol is not, anybody with half a brain knows alcohol much more toxic than cannabis, that's why your body gets rid of alcohol as quick as it can and keeps pot as long as it can.
anyway there are simple ways to get clean, not easy, simple, big difference. i've been sober 23 years, if i can do it so can you bromigo....

Top Bottom