Fuck pg&e

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Well,

I was visiting a friend today and got to take a look at his bill. Grant it, he's got allot of lights and I mean allot. We where talking about what the largest bill we ever seen and then started comparing bills.

Well, I don't use much lights. Nothing like some of my buddies, but what get's me and I'm sure others that live under the PG&E bullshit. Is that, the distribution fee is almost the amount of what you are actually charged for the juice you use. To me, that's a bunch of shit. How and the hell do they get always with this.

As for me, I don't complain much. Since my bills isn't that bad, but when I see my buddies bill and he's spending like 1,600-2,000 a month plus the other add on's and his bill reacts around 3,200-4,000K a month. I've got to wonder how normal non-grower's can afford their bills. It's like these fuckers are double dipping on this Distribution charge.

I've also heard some horror stories about people running solar panels and PG&E not letting them run the meter's backwards. Saying their system isn't safe and make them pay these ungodly amounts to upgrade transformer's. How does the government let them get away with this shit.

One thing is for sure and I've been reading and studying this for a while. FUCK the electric companies. My next place is getting the biggest solar system I can afford and I'm hooking up my detroit diesel generator up. I'll never give these asshole anymore money after I move into my new place.

Nothing but a bunch of crooks like the rest of the world. Sorry for the rant. When I say my buddies bill. I about had a heart attack.
Take care,
BG

F

Frozen Farmer

Your absolutely right. Its a disgrace that these companies are taking advantage of everyone in the situation we are in. The reason most of these companies can do this is cuz they are the only remaining monopoly in this country. Where in live there is only 1 place to get electricity, and they can charge whatever they want cuz you have no other option. Me personally, my house will have solar panels with a generator, also. If anything, I will sell shit back to the power company. Im not about to pay for electricity and heat and shit anymore. Time to be self sufficiant.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Yeah..electricity and gas companies just put all these fees and charges for no reason. They can do whatever they want or they will shut your shit off. It's highway robbery!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Even selling back to PG&E. I'm hearing they aren't paying full rates and tacking other charges to those running the meter backwards. Now, I understand stuff need to be fix and upgraded, but when you got someone dumping 30kw into a local system and your not paying them a fair rate. To me, that's a bunch of bull.

Any ways, I'm really looking into a large system for day use and install my generator. I've had my fill of these assholes. Just looked at my bill and all these little charges here and there. Same damn thing will cell phone bills. Shit, I might go back to smoke signals if this keeps it up. lol
Take care,
BG

R

ReelBusy1

My next place is getting the biggest solar system I can afford and I'm hooking up my detroit diesel generator up. I'll never give these asshole anymore money after I move into my new place.Nothing but a bunch of crooks like the rest of the world.

Word BG.
We should all be converting to electrical freedom.
:bong2:

B

bingymon

As another PG&E customer aka hostage I've been thinking of ways to use solar/alternative power without pushing juice back to the pusher lol. I hear tell of indoor setups up in the humbo/mendo woods that use solar during the day to supplement their power consumption or replace it. The panels are spaced out so as not to attract attention. Soundeded pretty crafty I'd like to try it in the burbs but with day time temps being higher the extra cooling may offset the benefits. Definitelty something to think about. Anybody else have hot new tips on saying goodbye to electrical dope dealer?

B

bdawgburner

Theres people around here putting up windmills. All you need is an acre and its free electricity plus 12K a year in your pocket. They are going up like crazy.

L

livinglegend

i havn't gone with solar purely cause i dont own a house yet. im still dealing with crooked ass landlords.....

Greyskull

Greyskull

we are going to be updating the casa soon with solar panels.
with the cost of power going up (uh oh i bet bud prices start going up, too....) its the logical thing to do.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I'm going to be looking into some commerical setups. There are allot of write offs and tax credits. Just, got to sit down with a CPA and go over everything to bring the cost down. I'm looking at a 30-40 KW unit now. Think I need roughly a 600 square feet space. I want the unit to track also. None, of this fixed shit. I want maxium exposure of the panels.

All I know, is that I'm already tire of these crooks. They sure do have a nice business. Hopefully I will go down this road, because it's going to be nice pulling the permit for the unit. I can see them at the permitting office already.

Asking why I just dont' tie into the grid. My response back to the permitting office. Because, PG&E are thieving assholes.
Later,
BG

R

ReelBusy1

For our NYC peeps

Con Edison sucks big ass too!

NYC boy at heart still.

E

ehole

have you guys actually looked at the price of solar equiptment? shit is outrageous. a friend of mine does commercial installs of that shit and after running the numbers a bunch i just don't see in the next 15 years a solar panel paying for itself. then again i'm in fla and not cali yet. i like my 10 cent a kw rate but hate our laws

R

ReelBusy1

have you guys actually looked at the price of solar equiptment? shit is outrageous. a friend of mine does commercial installs of that shit and after running the numbers a bunch i just don't see in the next 15 years a solar panel paying for itself. then again i'm in fla and not cali yet. i like my 10 cent a kw rate but hate our laws

the next government program after Cash for Clunkers should be Subsidies For Solar.

I just got a new Honda Civic with the CFC program.
Got rid of 15 year old SUV
I'd totally go solar too with aprogram like that.

L

livinglegend

wow. 10 cent a kw? thats a little high.
anyways, my old neighbor installed solar panels and when i got the numbers from him i was sold. big price, but the amount of power it was pulling was worth it. im not sure the exact wattage, but he was telling me almost his whole house is being powered by it now. and he only had like 3 decent size panels on the roof......

Greyskull

Greyskull

there are all kinds of goverment and local rebates that kick in immediately bringing the cost down. sure it'll be a chunk to put down at once, but then i wont have to pay 1000-1500 per month in electricity usage. thats savings.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I've got to agree with Greyskull. There are allot of programs that bring down the cost allot here in Cali. The units I've been looking into. Get's a big chunk taken out of them. That's why I will be sitting down with my CPA first and going over what I can get "for sure". Better to spend that little amount of money on the cpa then more on the units.

I hate being mean, but I really hate these people. I'm really looking forward to going off the grid. OH, and for those wondering how long these units will hold up. Most of them come with a 20 year warranty and others have a 40 year one, so that just gives you a general idea how much they back their product.
Take care,
BG

R

rottenjohn

De-regulation is what is causing most of this crap. Those running the power companies learned a lesson from enron now they have new ways of fucking the end user over.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I run 1400 watt's and my electric bill Is over 1,000 dollar's a month.
I have CFL's throughout the house and still.
I have to smoke extra everytime the bill comes.
And SDG&E If you pay you bill late too many times.
They disconnect and require a deposit of 3 times your highest bill.
I hope The heads of the power company's all Die.

They have killed sick and elderly people by disconnecting them.
They are as bad as our government.
I need to stop and smoke a bowl.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

A 30-40kw system would run you in the 100's of thousands, over 200,000+ without a doubt for an off the grid system, then your upkeep and maintenance, your talking $$$$$$$, then youd have to have a HUGE space to put it all in. Even with the maximum possible tax credits which arnt gunna be around forever, youd still have to be freaking rich. A combination of wind and solar is ideal, Hydro power is awesome but you have to have a creek/river whatever with a fairly high flow rate year round for even the smallest of Hydro-power systems to make anything. Renewable Power is just out of reach for all but the wealthiest right now. You should run your generator on Bio-Diesel, lol.

-Otto

Billygoat

Billygoat

Try 65-100K for a system. That's with all the write offs, but you can also poke the bear on this one. You can get low % loans from the government on some of these systems. I'm going to be sitting down with a CPA and a sales rep from one of the big solar system companies and going over my needs, but it is in react. Smaller systems for sure.

The generator will be a fail safe no matter what. Nothing bets an old 6-71. Thing will run on just about anything.
Take care,
BG

Top Bottom