Fucked up plant, not many theories..

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

Yo! I have two plants out of like 20 that look like this. I’ve since quarantined them outside.

I pulled one of them out, shook off all the soil and looked very carefully for larva of any kind. Nothing.

Looked at many leaves under a 40x and 100x microscope, old and young leaves, no mites that I can find.

Plenty of information about how I grow that I could list, but does anything jump out at anyone before I do?

I’m not attached to the outcome of the plants. I’d just be happy to figure out the cause.

Fucked up plant not many theories
Fucked up plant not many theories 2
Fucked up plant not many theories 3
Fucked up plant not many theories 4

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It doesn't resemble any deficiency I know. I thought about zinc deficiency, but probably it isn't. I also considered over watering, but no, that's not likely. Then I decided it might be an infection because the pattern is irregular. That's my best guess.

Rama777

Rama777

100% not overwatering. Light stress/burn perhaps is involved, but only as a result of a greater health issue that would lead to that vulnerability.

I have been thinking infection. Any idea what kind by chance?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
That is def a fungus/virus issue,
As well as a bit of professor x kinda plant.
Interesting growth.
Also, I’m fairly certain that dirt, is very hot in something,

Rama777

Rama777

Well damn. I don’t plan on using this new dirt that I tried on the last bunch of plants..

Virus, fungus, insidious..

I took the two plants out. I see one plant that has the tiniest bit of these pitying symptoms on a single small leaf. Think I should pull the leaf and monitor the plants?

Toss every plant, spray the tent down with nasty chemicals and start all over?

Not really sure about the severity and sucks not knowing what species I’m working with..

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Well damn. I don’t plan on using this new dirt that I tried on the last bunch of plants..

I took the two plants out. I see one plant that has the tiniest bit of these pitying symptoms on a single small leaf. Think I should pull the leaf and monitor the plants?

Not really sure about the severity and sucks not knowing what species I’m working with..
when in doutb ask the magic 8 ball

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

It’s not fungus or light burn. Looks to me to be a bit over fertilized. Water with plain water for a week or more and the new growth should be healthy. Foliar feeding with some calcium and micros will help too.

Rama777

Rama777

It’s not fungus or light burn. Looks to me to be a bit over fertilized. Water with plain water for a week or more and the new growth should be healthy. Foliar feeding with some calcium and micros will help too.
I haven’t fed any of these plants but as captain said, the soil does seem hot in something..

I already scrapped the plants. I don’t need them enough to justify the risk.

I also agree that a fungal pathogen is not likely. I’d point to viral or bacterial as potential culprits, all of which are contagious and freak me out extra indoors..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

Hey so I could be wrong here too homie,
But as far as the mag issue, I don’t think this is light driven, I think this is a nutrient surplus in medium causing uptake issues.
Mag generally does not cause leaf distortion, just discoloration, also the pitting on the leaves. That’s not run of the mill nutrient tox, or deficiency I’ve ever seen. And if it’s only one plant out of a group of the same strains and it’s the only plant throwing these issues, it’s a bit more than a bitchy pheno I fear.

Rama777

Rama777

But as far as the mag issue, I don’t think this is light driven, I think this is a nutrient surplus in medium causing uptake issues.
Mag generally does not cause leaf distortion, just discoloration, also the pitting on the leaves. That’s not run of the mill nutrient tox, or deficiency I’ve ever seen. And if it’s only one plant out of a group of the same strains and it’s the only plant throwing these issues, it’s a bit more than a bitchy pheno I fear.
Well one thing is for certain. For my produce starts, I never run with super soil type mixes. I do 50/50 blends like almost always. I’m going to apply that to pot plants going forward. That way if shit gets out of balance, I can more easily blame myself instead of wondering about the soil..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Well one thing is for certain. For my produce starts, I never run with super soil type mixes. I do 50/50 blends like almost always. I’m going to apply that to pot plants going forward. That way if shit gets out of balance, I can more easily blame myself instead of wondering about the soil..
Eliminate as many variables as possible.
Infiltrate destroy and rebuild better.

Murica 😂

Rama777

Rama777

So, I am doubtful that this is a deficiency, rather a lockout and more than likely from an infection. But since I still have these plants isolated somewhere..

What are these new leaves deficient in, regardless of the cause?

5C49FE65 AF4E 4917 857C 8F89BFEA687F
5C49FE65 AF4E 4917 857C 8F89BFEA687F

Top Bottom