Fuckin cops. Legal question

• Thread starter Sketch415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sketch415

DISCLAIMER TO AUTHORITIES: I am a Prop 215 patient. If I get harassed again Im just gonna laugh.

So last night I got stopped by one of Marin County's finest while in a van with another friend, whos also a patient. The cop went thru all the regular shit and asked us if we had weed, we both showed him our cards and bud. After checking our medicine "to see if its laced with meth or coke", I started to giggle a bit. I had smoked a j about ten minutes earlier so the thought of my medicine being laced with meth was really funny to me.

The cop didnt think so, and then started yelling at me that he could arrest both me and my buddy right there for trafficking. He said that you cant legally carry medicine around with you in your car in CA, even if your a patient, and if you do its considered trafficking. He went on about how he should put both of us in jail for awhile and then gave us our bud back and told us to go home for the night.

Is this really true? Ive had experiences with cops before when my friends are pulled over and Im carrying medicine (I dont drive) and the cops have actually been pretty cool. Some of em even chat it up with me about my weed, but not this guy. Is carrying medicine in your car really considered trafficking if your a patient?

M

MIZZ ELVIS

N to the O.... As long as you are not in excess of a legal amount of medicine. The Cunt of a cop was just mad he couldn't legitimately arrest you or cause you grief, so he did the next best thing, which is make shit up to scare you and fuck with you. Typical pig bullshit... Next time make sure you get a badge # and name to report his ass. Citizens need to install dash board cams and microphones to protect themselves from crooked cops on the road. No joke!!!!

L

Lost

A common cop tactic... is to lie so they still feel like they have the upper hand. There is nothing to keep a cop from lying. Call them on their bluff. Say, ok off to the station we go. And remind them how pissed off the judge is going to be when they have to throw it out and even more when you sue the dept for harassment (his sup will love this).

Which brings up an important point. Since most cops have no problem lying to extract a confession or other BS, why do judges suddenly think they are infallable and will not lie all of the sudden?

S

Sketch415

A common cop tactic... is to lie so they still feel like they have the upper hand. There is nothing to keep a cop from lying. Call them on their bluff. Say, ok off to the station we go. And remind them how pissed off the judge is going to be when they have to throw it out and even more when you sue the dept for harassment (his sup will love this).

Which brings up an important point. Since most cops have no problem lying to extract a confession or other BS, why do judges suddenly think they are infallable and will not lie all of the sudden?

Thats what fuckin scares me. But at the same time no judge is gonna put me away for "trafficking" an 8th. Id actually love to get arrested now, suing the PD for harassment sounds fun....and I could use all the windfall for building a nice big grow op. :cool0044:

B

billybadazz

you really want to fuck with the pigs tell them: "Sir for your protection as well as mine this conversation will be recorded" shit dashboard cams are like a $100, it doesn't even need to be real 'cuz that fucker will act right with the thought of his ass getting the district sued he will think twice about trying to lie to you............which brings me to my next point; if you lie to the cops it's obstuction of justice but if they lie to you it's all good and can use that info to prosecute you.....fuckin nazi's

X

Xceptional

i'm not from cali but dont need to be to understand that is not possible. how do you pick it up from dispenceries if you can not drive with it? that makes no fucken sense.

well then again MI lets you grow it but provides no legal way for you to obtain genetics of any kind. you cant sell or give away seeds or clones it is not written in the law as ok to do lol.

F

Forest Queen

Of course Public Servants lie. The report they do is 'hearsay'.. Purjury begets a slap on the wrist. Judges are fact finders and there to transmit digits to the banksters. I can see my Public Servant Questionnaire should be posted. We are a Citizen for the sovereign union state, California. This insures us against state attack. Fear - false evidence appearing real. The state is always society's enemy. Liberty can only be attained by claiming one's own power. The state has no power of its own, only what society, via 'free will', gives it. There are different possibilities when confronted by a red-neck public servant. Never give authority to search your private property. Without Justice, there's Just Us. Let's get off the plantation.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You've got to be careful with this. My son spent a week in jail, legal 215 patient. Want to know what they tried to hit him with? Smuggling. That's right. They got him only a few miles from home, and when they asked him if he had anything in the car he told them where to find his bud. It was in a container that didn't obviously show the bud, so they tried to hit him with a smuggling charge.

I love the video recording and notice idea, LOVE it.

C

choate

cops like to confiscate pot for after hours recreation. wish they'd stop actual criminals

N

noone88

You can be arrested for almost anything. But being arrested and being charged are two different things.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Dont cause waves. It never helps and perhaps sometimes you might win a fight, I doubt you would in the war.

Antagonizing a locally cop will only cause you more stress later. Be smart I say. At the end of the day, you dont win anything for being a smart arse.

N

nor cali farmer

shit my weed looks like its been dipped in meth. i call it mister frosty

H

happyinmendo

There is nothing in SB 420 protecting you while driving. You are allowed to grow and possess. Affirmative defense, not right after you have been charged for a criminal act which you have immunity. However, driving, selling, etc. are not legally defined things you are allowed to do.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Most of SB420 has been struck down. It had included some language to cover the actual transportation, but I don't know if the recent decision made any allowances for such.

Here's what I'm finding using da Google:

WHAT OFFENSES ARE COVERED?
Prop. 215 explicitly covers marijuana possession and cultivation (H&SC 11357 and 11358) for personal medical use. Hashish and concentrated cannabis, including edibles, (HSC 11357a) are also included.
Transportation (HSC 11360) has also been allowed by the courts.
Within the context of a bona fide collective or caregiver relationship, SB 420 provides protection against charges for possession for sale (11359); transportation, sale, giving away, furnishing, etc. (11360); providing or leasing a place for distribution of a controlled substance (11366.5, 11570).
California NORML (I'm giving you the link from my search terms).

Top Bottom