OGkusher420

OGkusher420

We needed the rain for the fires that's for sure, but 8 hours of downpour FML
Fucking rain storm

Fucking rain storm 2

Fucking rain storm 3

derkaderk

derkaderk

The rain broke my best branch, and all the buds are still floppy, hoping they recover quick.

B

Burned Haze

trellis and bamboo = branches work together when they are sponge weight

ncga

ncga

PM, Boytritus and Broken branches. Every week we work to prevent those three in my gardens. For the first time EVER and over a 1/2 inch of rain we have ZERO broken branches. Not even branches in the mud.

This has not always been the case. I became he master of plant repair. It takes two and do it as soon as you can. Use the thin wide green tie tape.

Before and after photos from 2005

Need to change computers to post pictures

derkaderk

derkaderk

I bought some trellis netting.....but I can not find it anywhere, had to tie individual branches....I left a few branches alone on a plant that i assumed had strong enough branches since they seemed perfectly fine after 8hours of rain....well the next 12 hours of rain did them in....I'm fortunate I only lost a single branch. Wont be repeating this mistake.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't feel bad , I had a 10 ft wide plant break all the bamboo and fold over and lay down. No breakage just a crushed bent stem . Fixed it and now it's recovering
You have a 10' plant and you're using bamboo?

maya42

maya42

Right before the rain i went out and bought 50 8ft t posts and 10 10 footers. I usually use cages on the plants but opted not to this year. I will next year, it makes everything a little easier

Slingem

Slingem

This yr I used small iner cage staked with rebar
Then after the netting , I get 2 rounds of the net
Then 2 Tposts across from each othe opposite sides of the pot the same with rebar 1 more round of net
In strips long ways next set the long way makine an X seems to really lock them in once stretch starts
1 more then about 3/4 of the way add 1 more zip ties help after that , plant is all crossed and locked
Wind and rain don't do much after all that lol 5-6 rounds of netting , works good for disabled people
Haha

Top Bottom