Fudge's candy shop - The Never-ending Story

• Thread starter Fudge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fudge

Fudge

1 x Glookies(3 gallon) and 3 x gorilla (1 gallon) both had LST then an early flip
IMG 20201101 234126
IMG 20201101 234120
IMG 20201101 234118
IMG 20201101 234111
IMG 20201101 234043
IMG 20201101 234034
IMG 20201101 234018
IMG 20201101 234005
IMG 20201101 234002
just for a new year harvest.

Fudge

Fudge

Fans off and hang then dry trim? Or wet trim and hang? Or the bit at a time method, fans,hang,minimal trim in a week then final tidy up? Recommendations?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Fans off and hang then dry trim? Or wet trim and hang? Or the bit at a time method, fans,hang,minimal trim in a week then final tidy up? Recommendations?
Wet trim all day imo.

Hang trimmed branches, then paper bag with buds off branches once the branches are dry enough. I tried doing it slower than that and it's not for me right now. So basically "cheating" with this as a guide.

Fudge

Fudge

Wet trim all day imo.

Hang trimmed branches, then paper bag with buds off branches once the branches are dry enough. I tried doing it slower than that and it's not for me right now. So basically "cheating" with this as a guide.

ive always wet trimmed in the past, but used to have that hay type smell i just coudlnt shake unless cured for a good month, which at the time had never been do-able ,,, but now it is( at least for the most of it will be), the wet trim on the last lot dried in 4 days wispy as hell, but it was the height of summer and temps were mad, i havnt got funds for making a complete dry room at the moment. the bignug has been up for 8 days and is starting to crisp up round the edges, but most importantly , stinks!!. i didnt finish them so they will need a tidy up at the end, as the sugar leaves are amazing and i dont want to waste anything. ive also got a proper air hanger for the stuff that "falls" off while cropping, but that dries it out pretty quickly so often has cloraphyll in so I jar it up for a while. i use paper bags and airtight tubs for storage. .. the widow has bigger denser nugs on them so i dont want to let them go as long so ive totally trimmed those,

Im just tempted with these to leave the bud leaves mostly intact and take them off when dry, im hoping that they will keep some moisture in, until the nug and widow are dry, then let them dry alone in the room, as adding dreshly trimmed plants into the room will change the humidity and apart from non electric dehumidifiers i have no way of controlling this yet apart from airflow, and too much of this will dry the bud leaving no terp smells lol,, you see my dilemma

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
ive always wet trimmed in the past, but used to have that hay type smell i just coudlnt shake unless cured for a good month, which at the time had never been do-able ,,, but now it is( at least for the most of it will be), the wet trim on the last lot dried in 4 days wispy as hell, but it was the height of summer and temps were mad, i havnt got funds for making a complete dry room at the moment. the bignug has been up for 8 days and is starting to crisp up round the edges, but most importantly , stinks!!. i didnt finish them so they will need a tidy up at the end, as the sugar leaves are amazing and i dont want to waste anything. ive also got a proper air hanger for the stuff that "falls" off while cropping, but that dries it out pretty quickly so often has cloraphyll in so I jar it up for a while. i use paper bags and airtight tubs for storage. .. the widow has bigger denser nugs on them so i dont want to let them go as long so ive totally trimmed those,

Im just tempted with these to leave the bud leaves mostly intact and take them off when dry, im hoping that they will keep some moisture in, until the nug and widow are dry, then let them dry alone in the room, as adding dreshly trimmed plants into the room will change the humidity and apart from non electric dehumidifiers i have no way of controlling this yet apart from airflow, and too much of this will dry the bud leaving no terp smells lol,, you see my dilemma
Hmmm...what is RH in the room? DJ actually recommends new plant matter to modulate drying room rh as needed....or maybe it was jorge Cervantes.

Fudge

Fudge

28 with nothing in the room, it was 10 in the summer! , shoots up once I add the plants to 70ish then I close door and leave fans blowing against a wall away from plants, I usually use the wardrobe, but too much this time so they're hanging from the ceiling too now, and tonight another lot, I think I'll swop them over put new stuff in wardrobe, doors open, if I hang my lines the length of the room I can slide them along as I add new material, the wardrobe should help keep the dry slow for the 1st week then I'll hang from lines.

I know it's more work, but I think I'm gonna follow what I've done with the BigNug as it's smelling and looking great, so, I'll take off anything that easy access to clip, then take off anything except the sugary part of the bud leaves, I'll leave that on to trim dry in 2 weeks before I jar it up

Latest posts

Top Bottom