Fukushima Hits California Hard !

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

wasn't the so-called safe limit just raised?

edit: here ya go (and more):

I didn't particularly enjoy this read, but I did like some of the sources it linked to--good finds here.

Anyway, it's not my intention to say there is no radiation risk going on. There obviously is. There's been a meltdown along the ocean and the thing is leaking. I just don't think this guy is looking at it in this video.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

The USS Ronald Reagan which was in the area immediately after 3/11 is now having sailors by the hundreds filing suit claiming they were exposed to radiation in desalinated seawater while in the area.

Then, Alaska Airlines has been having flight attendants coming down with rashes, headaches, hair falling out, symptoms of radiation exposure. AA is blaming it on their UNIFORMS lol, which they started using in early 2011. They would have been exposed to fuku fallout on their seattle - alaska flights.

I've said my peace on Fukushima but those two stories are news I recently read. Y'all know what I think so no use in repeating it. I think we should just try and enjoy what time we have left.
I've always imagined your house like Mel Gibson in conspiracy theory with a bunch of pot related stuff around as well. No disrespect because I know the government lies just chuckling laying here smoking a fattie haha.

fractal

fractal

I've always imagined your house like Mel Gibson in conspiracy theory with a bunch of pot related stuff around as well. No disrespect because I know the government lies just chuckling laying here smoking a fattie haha.

Hahaha I WISH! I don't quite have the rugged good looks that let Mel get away with acting like that and still have a hot woman follow him around for 2 hours. Or maybe I do but I'm just fed up with women for now.

But no pot paraphernalia, I'm not in california anymore!

below frigid

below frigid

This is turning out to be the worst man made disaster in the history of man.

There is no doubt this is the worst thing that has happened to our planet that we created "so far". Give us a few more years we will probably do something worse.

squiggly

squiggly

There is no doubt this is the worst thing that has happened to our planet that we created "so far". Give us a few more years we will probably do something worse.

I've gotta say, there are quite a few doubts about this.

Let's see:

1. The actual nukes we dropped on Japan.

2. Hundreds of other nuclear tests.

3. Chernobyl (released quite a bit more radiation).

4. Thalidomide disaster.

5. Pesticide overuse leading to destruction of many ecosystems and the endangerment of many animal populations, including humans.

6. Sulfur pollution leading to acid rain, causing the destruction of a litany of ecosystems.

7. CO2 pollution leading to acidification of oceans and destruction of a litany of ecosystems.

8. Pretty much any war in history.

List goes on.

The fact that the radiation that is still leaking is doing so mostly via groundwater adds a layer of attenuation to its release. If the reactor were dumping water directly into the ocean this would ultimately be much worse--but the relatively slow rate of release coupled with the vast size of the ocean actually reduces the effect of this disaster significantly, especially when you compare it to some of these others.

iCultivate

iCultivate

Let's see:

4. Thalidomide disaster.

5. Pesticide overuse leading to destruction of many ecosystems and the endangerment of many animal populations, including humans.

6. Sulfur pollution leading to acid rain, causing the destruction of a litany of ecosystems.

7. CO2 pollution leading to acidification of oceans and destruction of a litany of ecosystems.

List goes on.

The fact that the radiation that is still leaking is doing so mostly via groundwater adds a layer of attenuation to its release. If the reactor were dumping water directly into the ocean this would ultimately be much worse--but the relatively slow rate of release coupled with the vast size of the ocean actually reduces the effect of this disaster significantly, especially when you compare it to some of these others.

Widespread global deforestation and the resulting ecosystem and habitat losses for a great multitude of species, as well as countless extinctions.

Climate change.

The impending 6th mass extinction in the history of life on this planet, which will be caused solely by human activities.

All of those have much, much farther reaching repercussions than the Fukushima disaster.

-- iCultivate --

thump easy

thump easy

"A new study finds that radioactive Iodine from Fukushima has caused a significant increase in hypothyroidism among babies in California, 5,000 miles across the Pacific Ocean."

http://www.theecologist.org/News/ne...aged_thyroid_glands_of_california_babies.html
Holy Shit ! I Just hope it's BS, but seems like is not.
The way the system is silent about all this makes u wonder...

i was looking into growing wasabee the dude for fog ponics real head case meaning braineak.. picing eachothers brains and he sead it was not a good idea since the fish in the ocean are contaminated.. new shift in cultivation is grown in fish farms is the next move.. wasabii wet weight 100 lb and it might be dien down.. because so the next big thing is fish farming.. we kinda shot the shit but now i realy see this going down..

fractal

fractal

The plant was actually built on top of an underground aquifer, they designed it to fuck the Pacific if a meltdown occurred. Of which 3 have, reactor cores melted into the groundwater that flows to the ocean. The plant is at the base of a funnel valley at the base of a mountain and a river was diverted to build the plant. The river moved but the aquifer still flows there, and the cores have burrowed down into or maybe past them even. Why anyone would build a nuke plant there astounds me.

below frigid

below frigid

Let's see:

4. Thalidomide disaster.

List goes on.

If you believe what they tell you. Maybe. I still think it's a lot worse then they are letting on. When we can't eat anything from the pacific ocean from Japan to the USA, or possibly not be able to even go in the water. I think the effects of this are just beginning. Bluefin Tuna caught off California last year were already contaminated. They have not even mentioned the tuna they tested this summer. I guess it's because I spend so much time on the ocean that it seems the worst. We fucked the whole planet in less than 100 years. Glad I wont be here to see the end game.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter

This the type of Half truth/Half lies TV can spread. The tuna is is contaminated 10 times higher that what it was the previous year, but yet, it is still safe to eat ! Lmaooooo

They are obviously lying, like they did on many other subject, and I simply don't trust liars.

Last edited:
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thanks @logic
lol @ the surfers....at least the waves arent crowded. the seaweed being sold was crazy

K

kolah

maybe the radiation will make the place inhabitable for a new form of beings...some mutated freaky things. pretty sci-fi-ish but hey life.. will go on...one way or the other.

and squiggs, this is very dire..Fuka will effect he entire globe and all living creatures.

squiggly

squiggly

The plant was actually built on top of an underground aquifer, they designed it to fuck the Pacific if a meltdown occurred. Of which 3 have, reactor cores melted into the groundwater that flows to the ocean. The plant is at the base of a funnel valley at the base of a mountain and a river was diverted to build the plant. The river moved but the aquifer still flows there, and the cores have burrowed down into or maybe past them even. Why anyone would build a nuke plant there astounds me.

Shows how little you know about geology.

Aquifers are basically everywhere, especially on an island. Almost the entire island of Japan lays atop one aquifer or another. Would've been tough for them to NOT build on top of one. You make it sound like some devious plot. I regret to inform you that the logic here doesn't add up.

maybe the radiation will make the place inhabitable for a new form of beings...some mutated freaky things. pretty sci-fi-ish but hey life.. will go on...one way or the other.

and squiggs, this is very dire..Fuka will effect he entire globe and all living creatures.

I agree that it will effect the entire globe--I disagree about exactly how dire it is. That remains yet to be seen or quantified.

It's certainly not good, no one with a brain would say that. However, I think it's SIGNIFICANTLY less bad than someone like fractal is assuming. At the same time it is likely orders of magnitude worse than, say, the Japanese government is letting on.There are a lot of stakeholders here coming from many different angles so the reality is that it will be difficult to sift through the data and to even collect good data in the first place.

Just based on my own knowledge of how radiation works, how it causes cellular damage, how that damage is repaired, and important considerations about total dose and dose rate and what the interplay is between these and the extent of damage--my guess is that this is mostly a disaster for the people of Japan.

That doesn't mean this isn't going to potentially indirectly cause the death of some Americans. I'm not trying to say this is safe and good or what-have-you. I'm saying we're not likely to be looking at something that is going to bring about the end of humankind. Frankly, it would seem to me that after 200 years of turning around every 5 seconds to confront the next source of our pre-assured destruction only to then realize shortly thereafter that we'd overreacted would be cause to maybe think about being a little more cautious when it comes to jumping headlong into the unforgiving inescapable abyss that is our beliefs about when and how the world will end.

Americans get high on that shit, though.

Personally if the end of the world is coming, I'd rather not harp on it anyway. Or I'd rather at least be positive and attempt to avert it sensibly (read: not with panic, fear, and virtually baseless assumptions).

Rest assured, that is what the scientific community and the global community is doing when it comes to Fukishima. We're putting our best heads together to see if we can minimize or put a stop to the leakage. If and when that becomes a reality the risk will be virtually at an end.

Fukishima would have to keep doing what it's doing for 5,000 years to kill off our species, I doubt we're going to let it ride that long.

squiggly

squiggly

Oh and this :)

Yeah, probably not. Mostly gonna kill everything lol.

squiggly

squiggly

A Visit to Fukushima, Cut Short. With PHOTOS and Reflections.

http://tinyurl.com/owfbayn

I have one correction for this guy.

It is not proper to take a measurement on the ground level like that with the instrument he has in the photo. The background at ground level is, also, much higher because there is a much larger density of atoms there.

If you have a sensitive instrument you will find that the background radiation in the center of a room is MUCH higher if a random rock is attached to the instrument suspended in the same location.

Literally everything around you is giving off radiation pretty much all of the time. At the ground level the tightly packed atoms in the solids have the effect of refracting/reflecting the radiation. Some of it will be mirrored back at the device, causing a focusing effect.

It makes sense if you realize that we often use concrete to shield reactors et al. It is, thus, not proper to place such an instrument on concrete (or soil, for that matter, but concrete is much worse).

That's like trying to measure the amount of light produced at an element by first focusing it with a mirror into a meter. Your data will be well off the actual value.

Also I find it hilarious that he first quotes the expert scientist who says a geiger counter is basically useless for testing food properly--and then goes on to suggest he's tested some food properly. That hurts my brain.

Last edited:
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yep, trip on this, peanut butter is radioactive :D

Top Bottom