Full Apache Tech Garden...8x12...1900w

• Thread starter tags420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tags420

tags420

I got a new cam and tested it out.
Nothing in here, jut a test video with some music.

S

Slips

Well always was interested in those lights; however by now they are using quite old cree tech ... hope your garden is healthier next time

tags420

tags420

Ya they are old but they are not cree chips. They are specially designed with input from nasa for apache. Apache won't even tell me the maker.
Yet even being as old as they are, apache still has one of the top outputs of umols/watt.
They have their new chips(bigger) being tested and will be introduce later this year hopefully.

My garden is on an up swing. I am really glad that I have this problem at least diagnosed. It was driving me crazy and I felt really discouraged. But the next run in the veg room is really healthy. Just pruned them up real nice today. Took off any damaged foliage too.

tags420

tags420

Thanks pugliese and ttystikk for helping diagnose the broad/russet mites. I was really feeling like an idiot with nothing working or even the correct diagnosage.

Things are what they are but I'll survive

619ster

619ster

Sucks about the mites. Glad I only deal with regular mites lol. What's your plan of action? I hear essential oils work best. Floramite and Avid wont cut it from what I hear.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sucks about the mites. Glad I only deal with regular mites lol. What's your plan of action? I hear essential oils work best. Floramite and Avid wont cut it from what I hear.

I don't know about broad mites, but those two work very well against russet mites indeed.

tags420

tags420

I used organocide which is mostly fish oil, and some azamax. I don't think the azamax will do much if anything, I can't tell if they eat the leaves or just get their saliva on it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I used organocide which is mostly fish oil, and some azamax. I don't think the azamax will do much if anything, I can't tell if they eat the leaves or just get their saliva on it.

You really should apply pesticide strictly in accordance with the label- adding other stuff can react with it in ways you do not know and therefore can't predict.

Azamax is already a horticultural oil based insecticide, it's a concentrate of neem oil. As such, some brands are OMRI listed as suitable for use in organic agriculture. It's active by retarding the feeding behavior of insects, effectively giving them a nasty case of stomach upset that they starve of.

Follow the directions for the type of application- only foliar application works on spidermites, for instance- and use only the concentration listed. The strength in Azamax is in repeated applications, so it kills successive generations of pests before they can themselves breed and lay eggs. Thus, be sure you follow up at the recommended interval several times. Usually this interval is weekly, but read your label.

tags420

tags420

Where did I say I wasn't using them as directed...? I know how they work which is why I use them. I read every label and use the directed amount...most of the time less. It is perfectly safe to use them both. I don't mix them in the same container and spray. I use them both in a alternating applications over days/a week. Come on give me a little credit, this isn't my first rodeo. I have just never had these broad mites before.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Where did I say I wasn't using them as directed...? I know how they work which is why I use them. I read every label and use the directed amount...most of the time less. It is perfectly safe to use them both. I don't mix them in the same container and spray. I use them both in a alternating applications over days/a week. Come on give me a little credit, this isn't my first rodeo. I have just never had these broad mites before.

From the post it sounded like you had mixed nutes with bug spray, a common error. I'm watching to see what you do with broad mites and what proves effective.

tags420

tags420

I sprayed some CaMg a while ago but now that I have it correctly diagnosed I'm only using pest control stuff. Organocide is a an oil just like neem. I am basically out it though so I think I will pick up something new next time I go to town. The organocide is working decently, but I want something that is for broad mites not just general insect/pesticide.

tags420

tags420

I sacked up and bought forbid. It seems to be the best bet to actually get rid of and control these bastards. The veg room is looking really good but I can still see a little new damage. I just want them gone...without killing my all my nice big vegged babies. This is the one product that seems to actually work.

Anyone else use forbid?

tags420

tags420

UPDATE TIME
So Apache had a factory problem or something like that and couldn't get me the new AT480 for at least another week...standard story by now but whatever. I figure I will still get it before anyone else so I'll just shut up about it coming and wait. The R2's are the best light and the only one's I want to flower under. The only reason mine is delayed is because it is an R2...they have bunch of all whites done and already at Stanford. Anyways, since my at480 is delayed, I had to think of a new run to use the Apache's on because the big lemons couldn't wait any longer and I need more R2's to do them justice. So I will do a quick veg SOG style for the LED side so that the timing is perfect with the big lemons. Since I have the plant count room to do it that way it saves a decent amount of time also. I will have all the right lights and not have to move things around too if I do it this way. And slowly I will get completely converted like originally planned. It is still a pretty good led setup if I do say so myself.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Re. Forbid: I had a friend who used it against russet mites and it was effective. So was Avid, fwiw.

Re. Update time: very nice!

Kebz

Kebz

Props for trying something different tags, its a brave man that leaves the safety of the well lit road! But its trying new things like innovation in lighting products that allow others the opportunity to reap the rewards and avoid the pitfalls.

Sorry to here about the cal mag confusion, the mites and the delay in the arrival of your new light. I very much dislike waiting for new toys...erm, I mean high tech horticultural equipment!

Hopefully these are just small issues that you'll soon have under control. Im subbed and look forward to seeing you get that room dialled in. Sounds like you've plenty in veg to kick off with.

tags420

tags420

It was a bummer and really fucked my grow in the end. I had such great results in my smaller situation...just shitty to get such a big problem on this big run...very costly.

I am trying again now that all is back to normal.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Glad you can rule broad mites out. They've become a real pain in the ass for a lot of growers.

How much cooling are you running and how did you calculate it? I'm interested in finding out how others are determining there AC needs with LED's. I know that the general formula for HID's is 1 ton per 2000 watts.

Ask me how I routinely cool 16kWh of HID in bloom... with just two tons of cooling.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I run a completely sealed room, with a Co2 burner, nothing is vented. 2 tons per 4k is perfect.

By open, I mean the bulbs are not in sealed and vented enclosures- they're out in the open in the room. This means they'll need more active cooling to make up for the lack of passive cooling. In this case, vented vs open refers to the hoods, not the room.

Top Bottom