full MEGAcrop line review and fertilizer debate

• Thread starter Alpo1327
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Its Ph stable . I use it in my RDWC, I don't see myself changing to any other nutrient because I really have no need. I do add a tiny bit of PK (mono potassium phosphate) and some Mg sulfate I have the original version same as @Buzzer777 uses. If doing RO you may want to add back some carbonate or bicarbonate but I don't need to tell you that
Yeppers!

Mr Susitna

Mr Susitna

I've asked and asked and have never got an answer. How PH stable is Megacrop? Mixed in a DTW rez does the PH move over a 7 day period.
Yes it does.
I've been using megacrop for 3 weeks now with a bud booster, cal mag, and silica in a dtw setup.

Once everything is mixed, ph hovers around 6.5. I ph down to 5.7 and within a few hours the ph will creep back up to 6.0, then it will settle at 6.2.
At this point I will ph down to 5.7 again, but as the reservoir gets past the halfway mark, the ph starts to drop.
The last 2 days I have to add ph up daily.
I suspect the drop in ph could be do to the bennies in the res multiplying and acidifying the solution.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

I use the gh flora line. Never had problems in 10+ years

The flora line is a great beginner nute line.
I used it when first starting.
Many shy away from GH Due to their selling out to Monsanto.
WHILE gh flora does grow some good stuff, I dropped them to use a less chem forward Nutes. I’ve enjoyed some great tasting stuff grown with GH. But I don’t want pretty colored water any more.
Also why would I pay so much for colored water?? ( all bottled and GH Nutes are 95% water)
If the GH Nutes are meeting your level of expectation, then grow on.
To each their own
Keep growing the good stuff.

Yes it does.
I've been using megacrop for 3 weeks now with a bud booster, cal mag, and silica in a dtw setup.

Once everything is mixed, ph hovers around 6.5. I ph down to 5.7 and within a few hours the ph will creep back up to 6.0, then it will settle at 6.2.
At this point I will ph down to 5.7 again, but as the reservoir gets past the halfway mark, the ph starts to drop.
The last 2 days I have to add ph up daily.
I suspect the drop in ph could be do to the bennies in the res multiplying and acidifying the solution.

You may be over thinking this believing a plant needs to be at the “ perfect” ph.
It would seem your plants are drinking more water and useing less of the Nutes hense the making of a more concentrated Rez solution.
Figger out why your plants are taking up more water.
Too much heat???
Too much wind increasing transpiration??
Maybe think about doing a top off with just ph’d water when the Rez is low
add Nutes and ph once a week
And don’t sweat these small ph fluctuations till it’s time to add your weekly nutes
Enjoy the journey

please note this is a thc induced post
Please space any inaccuracies.

Grow well

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

WHILE gh flora does grow some good stuff, I dropped them to use a less chem forward Nutes. I’ve enjoyed some great tasting stuff grown with GH. But I don’t want pretty colored water any more.
Also why would I pay so much for colored water?? ( all bottled and GH Nutes are 95% water)
To each their own

You may be over thinking this believing a plant needs to be at the “ perfect” ph.
It would seem your plants are drinking more water and useing less of the Nutes hense the making of a more concentrated Rez solution.
Too much heat???
And don’t sweat these small ph fluctuations till it’s time to add your weekly nutes
Enjoy the journey

Grow well

Yeah that doesn't sound condescending at all. 🤣 your words less chem forward, tells me all I need to know about your opinions. 🤭

Mr Susitna

Mr Susitna

To each their own

Too much heat???
Enjoy the journey

Grow well
I like to keep my ph 5.5 to 5.8 for optimal growth in flower.
I run drain to waste. No topping off the rez until she's empty.

These were all grown with GH Flora series using the Lucas formula.
Im still dialing in the Megacrop, but so far it's falling short.

Big Ole Girl - bred by myself.
Wicked Clementine Bx x (Golden Glue xDogtrap)
20190331 203358

Secret Cookie x Kush Mints #11 - Seed Junky
20190402 225956

I De La D - Top Dawg
20190329 224336

sportyridr

sportyridr

Soil grower now on 2nd grow, 1st with Megacrop. I'm happy with the way things are going using it. Started using it mid flower on my one lady and she is loving it, building lots of frost. Using some Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy along with it and having no issues. The others are from seedling to mid size and are doing well. My exception is a Cali Bay Dream plant. For some reason it needs some extra calmag/phosphorus. Hoping it grows out of that lol. My 2 pennies worth.

mistletoe

mistletoe

I like to keep my ph 5.5 to 5.8 for optimal growth in flower.
I run drain to waste. No topping off the rez until she's empty.

These were all grown with GH Flora series using the Lucas formula.
Im still dialing in the Megacrop, but so far it's falling short.

Beautiful plants on the Lucas, Mr. Susitna. Can you describe how you are using the MegaCrop and the additives you are using and where it is falling short?

Mr Susitna

Mr Susitna

Beautiful plants on the Lucas, Mr. Susitna. Can you describe how you are using the MegaCrop and the additives you are using and where it is falling short?
I'm not sure what it was, but the buds wouldn't stack as hard with it even with the addition of MPK.
It wasn't bad by any means.
20200316 124234
20200316 125213

Maybe I'm too old and set in my ways.
I did harvest one beauty with it though.

Ak Beanbrains Tk/Nl5 Haze

fracturedfarmz

fracturedfarmz

That is insane looking. I have been using Mega Crop for about 6 months and loved it taking care of all my moms in pure coco and then all my plants for this outdoor season. They just changed the formula and most definitely not happy with it. It does not dissolve for crap. Used very hot water to premix and shake the hell out of the 1 gallon jug and tons of undissolved particulates. I have read all the threads on different forums and is why I went with Mega Crop and simply loved it. Now the new version NO. Wanting to find out what everyone else thinks as I can get no straight answer from the company themselves.

mistletoe

mistletoe

Yeah fracturedfarmz I just got the new formula too. It smells totally different than the previous megacrop and looks different too. Now it is just chalky and white looking. The sweet smell was one of my favorite things about it. They said they changed the type of kelp and a few other changes, they have a blog post about it. I am just going to go back to Jacks, Megacrop changes the formula so much that it is hard for me to depend on it to be the same thing every time for a commercial operation.

fracturedfarmz

fracturedfarmz

Thanks for the reply and follow up with your feelings as well. The stuff just doesn't dissolve I have about a 3/4 of an inch of crap sitting in the bottom of my one gal jug. Poor customer service also as one 22 lb bag is lost in the mail thru USPS and their reply to me is not there problem. They said they fulfilled their responsibility by shipping it my gripe is with USPS. I explained otherwise and am not going to contact my CC company and roast their ass tomorrow on IG. The pissed me off. I have heard good things about Jacks also. Gonna give them a try.

fracturedfarmz

fracturedfarmz

Same issues with the new MC mix as you people above. Not dissolving properly at all. Did any of you also see phosphorus deficiencies with this new mix?

I don't know I quit using it. Whatever they did to it the Fucked it up royally even though they won't admit it, lol Contact them and bitch them out over it. If enough people tell them they are not going to be buying this crap anymore either they will go back to the old formula or go out of business. I tried talking to a few labs about reversing the old version and everyone said impossible as you will never know 100% what is in it

guymandude

guymandude

So the trend seems to be the new Megacrop sucks....... I just emailed the company with a few questions and asked about the stuff not dissolving, etc.

AN did a reformulation. Before pH perfect, the old sensi Bloom was THE BEST SHIT ON THE MARKET!! now AN just isn't what it used to be......

fracturedfarmz

fracturedfarmz

So the trend seems to be the new Megacrop sucks....... I just emailed the company with a few questions and asked about the stuff not dissolving, etc.

AN did a reformulation. Before pH perfect, the old sensi Bloom was THE BEST SHIT ON THE MARKET!! now AN just isn't what it used to be......

It would seem that is what a lot of companies do. They come up with a great product and after it get popular and they have a great customer base they figure out how to F it up and make it cheaper for more profits off us.

MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

How does this do in a heavy metal test,
Do they use pgr’s?
Hyperinflation has everyone looking for cheaper alternatives.

C

chinaoreo

bump..reviving it from the dead... whats the latest concensus with Mega Crop these days ..?

C

chinaoreo

awesome thanks for the reply..
what are u adding with it..? just sweet candy..?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom