Full yellowing of certain plants but others perfect

• Thread starter Adamk1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Adamk1234

Hi I’m wondering if anybody has any problems with certain plants going yellow.. not the tips of leaves like in other threads I’ve been searching for but more the whole plant looking “pale” so to speak but the plant next to it perfect green colour about 20 out of 86ish and just random in the room bearing in mind there all in the same room same trays that feed them same feeds same tank, they also look to be slightly less advances than there healthier looking neighbours I just can’t quite work it out.

Thanks

Eledin

Eledin

I had that happen to me when I was buying bulk seeds from a grow that I dont buy seeds from anymore. I guess it was either because the seeds were not fully mature or the genetics were kinda meh and they couldnt tolerate nutes very well. Most of them were okay but I always had 1 or 2 (out of 9) with the same issue and also had to discard some small, pale seeds. Not sure if its the same that is happening to you but there go my 2 cents. I noticed that despite not showing the typical nute burn symptoms (but rather having yellow/pale overall) they were the first ones to respond with burnt tips when I was increasing nutes. I tried watering them less, feeding them less but if they came like that they stayed like that...

Last edited:
A

Adamk1234

I had that happen to me when I was buying bulk seeds from a grow that I dont buy seeds from anymore. I guess it was either because the seeds were not fully mature or the genetics were kinda meh and they couldnt tolerate nutes very well. Most of them were okay but I always had 1 or 2 (out of 9) with the same issue and also had to discard some small, pale seeds. Not sure if its the same that is happening to you but there go my 2 cents.
Right I see I never thought of that I bought these as cuttings but apparently he does them from seed so I’m guessing the only thing could be bad genetics so there’s nothing I can really do about it, I was getting annoyed thinking that I’m doing something wrong. Thankyou

Eledin

Eledin

Maybe someone else has more information on why that could happen despite watching the feeding and watering schedule closely. It has no happened to me since I started investing in better seeds, but maybe that doesnt mean it cant be avoided.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Plants don’t eat and drink at the same rate. The paler ones might be overwatered if they aren’t drinking as fast as the others or they may have higher nutrient needs. Pictures and watering and feeding practices, and what medium would be helpful

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Give us all the details.
Set up, nutrients, how much, how do you decide when to water, what’s the medium, etc?

A

Adamk1234

Give us all the details.
Set up, nutrients, how much, how do you decide when to water, what’s the medium, etc?
Ah I see the does make sense too, the system is bottom feed pots with floats so then the timer turns the pump on it feeds the lot of them the same amount each day ragardless if they need it or not there isn’t really a way I could feed some and not others maybe I could set the times so that they all at least dry out before the next feed but it’s a fine line with the amount they drink

Latest posts

Top Bottom