Fully saturate or nott share some knowledge

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I always germinate seeds in 1L pots then start by watering very little and increasing it for everywatering the first 3 weeks

Right now i got a plant 2 weeks old and showing some droop gave it about 70ml of water in a 1 L pot

Whats your experience do you fully saturate 1L pots?

Im just scared that it will stay wet for too long

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

here's my method:

i germinate seeds for 2-4 days between cotton pads, or paper towel, then i transplant directly in 6 L pots after transplant i water and moist the whole soil with 1L of water then i water with 0.5L every 7 days or so, i wait for the whole soil surface to get dry for a day or two then remoisting the whole soil surface gently and concentrating what remain of water around seedlings/ young plant trunk's then after 4-5 weeks when the plants get big enough is usually start to water again with 1L every 4-6 days depending strains, phenotypes, weathers and the season.

i don't like watering with small amount of water i prefer watering with larger amount less often. roots won't grow and thrive in too dry medium that's why i fully moist the soil first watering at the time of transplant, when vigorous and healthy roots expand faster than one might think, this way they will always find water as they grow.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

here's my method:

i germinate seeds for 2-4 days between cotton pads, or paper towel, then i transplant directly in 6 L pots after transplant i water and moist the whole soil with 1L of water then i water with 0.5L every 7 days or so, i wait for the whole soil surface to get dry for a day or two then remoisting the whole soil surface gently and concentrating what remain of water around seedlings/ young plant trunk's then after 4-5 weeks when the plants get big enough is usually start to water again with 1L every 4-6 days depending strains, phenotypes, weathers and the season.

i don't like watering with small amount of water i prefer watering with larger amount less often. roots won't grow and thrive in too dry medium that's why i fully moist the soil first watering at the time of transplant, when vigorous and healthy roots expand faster than one might think, this way they will always find water as they grow.
I also germinate mine in papertowels mostly then put them over in 1liters maybe i should try to keep it moist
Im not growing organic so it doesnt have to be moist all the time but i will try
Thanks🤟

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I also germinate mine in papertowels mostly then put them over in 1liters maybe i should try to keep it moist
Im not growing organic so it doesnt have to be moist all the time but i will try
Thanks🤟
i'd say you need to moist the whole medium first watering then, it's about having proper wet dry cycle, you don't want the medium always moist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom