Fulvic Acid - What and Why

• Thread starter BillyBanchan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BillyBanchan

I have an idea, and while that's usually a dangerous thing that has started wars, knocked up women, and caused general overall chaos, this idea may be helpful. @Harpua88

_____

What is #fulvic acid? When I ran a quick search here, I saw a few "I believe..." and "I've heard..." statements about it. So, what is it and what does it do?

"Fulvic acid may stimulate root growth and affect root function to exude organic acids that leads to increased nutrient uptake and consequently, improved growth and yield of crops."
reference

Ohio's Country Journal says, "Fulvic acid has an open carbon structure that is a light weight compound (low molecular weight) with almost miraculous properties! It comes from lightly digested plant and microbial byproducts and is not just one carbon compound, its many varied compounds. Its composition is very similar all over the world, yet it differs slightly depending upon soils, plants, weather, microbes etc. Fulvic acid, over time gets degraded, digested, and transformed into Humic acid which has a denser and tighter carbon structure (high molecular weight). These two organic compounds (fulvic and humic acid) are full of essential soil nutrients, making soils fertile while improving plant growth and crop yields."
reference

The article goes on to say that it is a #chelator, buffers pH, helps with drought tolerance, and reduces plant fungal diseases. Read it, it's packed with info!

Well, I'm sold on it! But what do I do with it?

For liquid feeds, liquid fulvic acid is naturally what you'd want. My jug says 1ml per gallon for every feeding during veg and flower. It suggests stronger mixes for early root development and foliar sprays. The internet says (I know, a shitty resource ;)), that it does not increase EC/PPM when adding to your nutrients. Good to know!

There you go... A quick peek at fulvic acid, what it can do, and why you would want to use it. Of course, if there is something to add or correct, please do so!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Fulvic acid sounds funny....

I guess I'll be finding and buying some. A pint? Or maybe a quart......
Mycorrhiza is another one, what is that like mushrooms/beneficial fungus or enzyme?

I'm sure we all know that we can look all of this stuff up, google it, it's not that I don't want to, but people here that know these things can explain it as it pertains to what we're doing......

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Mycorrhiza is another one, what is that like mushrooms/beneficial fungus or enzyme?
In the simplest way to explain it is that this products contains fungus and bacterias that live in symbiotic relationship with roots and soil/media, it can help a lot of stuff, like improving root mass, make some nutrients more available, fix nitrogen from air, prevent root disease and infections and many more.

Top Bottom