Fulvic Acid

• Thread starter Resinator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Resinator

When I first started growing I ordered the Advanced Nutrients line of products. I read a lot of good about using fulvic acid and bought AN's F1 ( Aunt Engy's ) Fulvic Acid. I only grew 1 or two plants at a time and that 1 Liter bottle lasted me about a year. The entire time it maintained a very clear and honey color.

Recently I was at a store that sold Organicare Fulvek Acid. Seeing how I was out of F1, I bought a liter of this brand. When I first used it, I noticed a slight layer of slime at the top that poured out in a clump at first. Didnt think too much of it as the rest seemed mostly clear. Well that slime kept coming back and a rotton smell started to be noticable. I opened the bottle today and it was all dark, almost green and very stinky like rotten eggs. I wasted a 6 gal batch of nutrient mix because of that. I tossd it all including the 80% full bottle of nasty Fulvek Acid.

Question ... is this normal for Fulvic acid or is this product / batch just bad?

F

Foxfarmfreak

Yup, I'd toss it, I always toss stuff thats questionable, specially if it doesn't smell like it supposed to, or has changed colors, or broke down and seperated....never a good sign, I have to try and remember when I bought certain stuff.....and yes, some of AN products do go a long way, ever tried VHO?

Peace FFF:harvest:

R

Resinator

Yup, I bought VHO but found my mini grow was not ideal for spraying. Homebox is only 2x2x3. So I barely used any ... but it looks / smells as good as when I bought it almost 2 years ago.

aeroman

aeroman

Depending on what it is, fertilizer should smell like nothing, dirt (an earthy smell) or poop.

If it smells rotten it's bad.

I've had trouble with some of the lesser brands products, particularly when you're talking about something organic like fulvic acid. I pretty much stick to stuff like Advanced Nutrients now because I got tired of dealing with bottles that went bad fast, or were just plain dead on the shelf in the store.

Blaze

Blaze

Anything that smells rotten or bad usually is. Fulvic acid should not stink like that - sounds like it may have been a bad batch.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Most likely it was on the shelf for to long and just old.

D

Darkone7

Fulvic is a derivative of Humic acid.It should be a very clear slightly golden color with no particals or floaties.
Either the Fulvic was still too warm when bottled or it has a contaminate in it.
You should be able to return it to your hydro Store for a good bottle.

Top Bottom