Fun in the Sun BBK & Goo

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So here's the deal. Friend of mine has a bit of property and we decided to put together a collective of Med Patients and do a quick outdoor run. Here's the skinny.

The location is an old coral. The dirt is really fertile as there were horses, goats, and all manner of livestock that had once resided in the area. Noticed that it was super sandy as well. Here's what we did to prep the area.

Dug out about 7 gallons of soil for each plant and replaced it with a mix of:

Roots Organics Soil 1.5 cubic feet
Roots Organics Coco Coir 1.5 cubic feet
Generic Amended Soil 6 cubic feet
Miracle Grow Soil 1.5 cubic feet
Native Soil ?
Perlite 2 cubic feet

We installed some Sonic Stakes to keep the Gophers at bay and also treated the surrounding area with some Bug Be Gone to keep the ants from bringing in any unwanted aphids.

Even though the Farmers Almanac says we are getting enough light at present moment, I decided to string some lights up to make sure they stay awake and don't go into flower before we want them to. Got em on a timer to come on before the Sun sets and stay on til 2 am.

The Ladies:
27 Blackberry Kush
3 Goo

I took the cuts from my indoor and we put them in the shade for a week so they could harden off a bit before we got em in the ground.

The Nutes:
Can't remember the name but it was a 8-4-4 ratio and we will be at 1/2" strength for the first week since the soil they are in has plenty of good stuff in it already.

Root Sauce:
Superthrive
H&G Roots Excel
Great White
Bud Candy 1/4 strength

Going to give them a weekly drench of this while we are in Veg.

We transplanted yesterday and I took a few phone pics. It was fun working in the sun and I hope these girls enjoy being in outdoors.

This is my first outdoor run so I am looking for advice on things and I am here to help anyone who I may be able to.

Fun in the sun bbk  goo
Fun in the sun bbk  goo 2
Fun in the sun bbk  goo 3
Fun in the sun bbk  goo 4
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Nice strains your going with. I think its a little late to be putting plants that small out. In Oregon outdoor flowering usually starts around August 15.
The BBK I have is a slow vegger, I hope yours is not and its gets a nice harvest.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@ Smokey

I know it's a late start. I'm in the LA area and could potentially run things all year long with a bit of supplemental lighting. Not looking to get HUGE plants out of this, just some small bushy ones. One month of Veg and then let the sun do the rest. According to the Farmers Almanac there will be 12:50 of light on the day I will pull the supplemental lighting. Each day after that will have 2 minutes less light. I could technically keep them in Veg til October 1st and look for a November harvest, but like I said.....this is a fun run and my first outdoor run.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've used those sonic stakes and they never did shit. Never as good as an old dog of mine. Missy was a great dog.

Since you're in LA I see no reason why you can't run these girls to completion. Just be ready in case it's a wet winter early on.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Seamaiden

There are a few dogs in the area as well, I just figured the extra precaution was worth it. I'm sure I could stretch this grow out a bit, but kinda want to do a short run on them. Next year I will be better prepared and will put more strains in the ground, this was kind of a last minute project without a lot of planning.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Can anyone give me recommendations for a simple yet effective nutrient lineup for flower?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
earth juice is what i changed too and did a bunch of reading on it. its organic and very good. i think they make a hi-brix formula as well that i didnt know about at the time but i will be getting this for next year

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks for the info KT! I will do some research on it ASAP.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
heres a good post with alot of info on 3 or 4 differnt nute comepanies and side by sides grows

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Went by yesterday and gave the girls a shot of RE, Superthrive, and some Blackstrap Molasses. Did some supercropping as well.

Damn spikes are not working how they are supposed to. Lost a BBK last night to the dreaded Gopher.

May get some traps.....may get some pots.....not quite sure what to do. The dog goes inside at night and thats when the damn thing struck. Grrrrrr......time to get Bill Murray on these fuckers.

[YOUTUBE]Bv87T1CQF8E[/YOUTUBE]

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're in southern California, and the only way you're going to be able to protect the girls from gophers is to keep them in a hardware cloth cage.

That, or, well... you've seen Caddy Shack, right? You may have to gas 'em out. Just don't do a Frank Laschinsky and blow up your entire garden, mkay?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Seamaiden

I had posted a video of Bill Murray talking about the dreaded Varmit Cong. LOL It got disabled though. C'est La Vie

We changed the batteries in the gopher dildo's, peed everywhere, drenched the ground with a solution of castor oil, and the dog stays out at night now. Best defense is a good offense right?

Decided the other day to treat these girls similar to how I treated the ones indoor. Pretty much the same nute schedule I was running before with a few changes. Going to buy a 100gal res and going to use the water chiller I have at home to keep em cool.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well they have definitely picked up some steam. Fan leaves the size of my hand! Set up a rez with some air and a chiller in the barn next to the corral where the ladies are. Gonna start feedin em some good sauce and pull the supplemental lighting on the 12th.

Pretty stoked on how things are rolling along so far. We had some pretty extreme weather last week with temps upwards of 110 but the girls seemed to thrive despite that. Definitely gonna start looking for something to give them some support soon.

Outdo
rawman

rawman

Very nice for the late start. These next few months there's going to be some great outdoor shots around these forums. Yours one of them.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So in one week they went off the chain. We had to raise the supplemental lighting and the cover. Sunday we pull the lights and let Mother Nature take over. Looks like I did not space out the plants enough so we are going to pull the outside rows back a little with some light bondage work. Have a plan for an overhead rope to run string off of to support branches when they start to pack on some weight.

Seriously want to just pitch a tent and live next to them now that my indoor is finished. I miss the nightly interaction. Kinda lonely not taking care of a bunch of beautiful ladies.

Outdoorb4flwr
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So I had a thought the other day. I have a bunch of pvc just sitting around and I was thinking of cutting it down to 1 1/2' pieces and putting them in the soil to help aerate the roots a bit. The only thing holding me back is that by putting them in I will be damaging roots in the process. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Hindsight is 20/20 and I should have done it when I put them in the ground but I can't go back in time.

I'd like to hear your opinions fellow Farmers!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
mgiht help abit bro but quite honestly it looks like your doing a stellar job.......no need for more air :)

G81

D

DerErlkoenig

I'm with green. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unless the plants are asking for more air (they seem fine from the picks, but always a different story in person). Keep us posted. It's crazy that you can flower so late in the year down there. Best of luck.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks Green. I don't wanna set em back any and that was my concern. I have a rez with a chiller on it and some air stones to help increase DO levels for their feedings. Maybe next outdoor run I will do it before I plant.

Taking the supplemental lighting down this Sunday and gonna pull the outside rows back to give em some growing room. I bought some CalCarb today and going to give them a foliar with it Sunday night and then again in 2 weeks. Using Colossal Bud Blast as a foliar in between the CalCarb foliar.

RTI claims that the CalCarb increases CO2 levels within the plant and being outdoors and not having any means to efficiently increase CO2 levels this stuff makes sense to me. I'm also thinking that at week 4 of flower we will sponge this stuff onto the undersides of the fan leaves. It will be a lot of work but I think it may just be worth it. We shall see perhaps I will have a "test plant" that I won't foliar with the calcarb to see what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom