Fungal gnats being major problem

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

This is just a few minutes after lights on, was a tiny bit of twisting before night but I think the pictures speak for themselves. I sprayed a tiny bit of dr zymes in a spray bottle all over the soil but I think more drastic measures are needed. Do you guys think I should flush with dr zymes, I watered two days ago so im not sure if I have to wait.

Fungal gnats being major problem
Fungal gnats being major problem 2
C

climbit

If your trying to battle fungus gnats I’ve had some success with making my own sticky traps using yellow posted notes with double sided tape. And used popsicle sticks to put ‘em in the soil. Sorry I’m not much help.

P

Purfict

I did add some apple cider vinegar and dish soap in a yellow bowl. Gave it a soil drench in dr zymes too.

Bilber

Bilber

Airflow.....

Firstly.....

Let your medium dry......

Gnats love moisture.....

They don't like lots of wind.....

P

Purfict

Airflow.....

Firstly.....

Let your medium dry......

Gnats love moisture.....

They don't like lots of wind.....
It’s weird, my oscillating fan crapped out on me after only a month working about a day or two ago; look how quick they took advantage of that.

I

imgrowing

fungus gnats start in the soil so quit torturing your leaves.
use DE or aquabac {what i use to great success)
as above, let the top couple inches dry out as that is where them pricks lay the egg
i'm only a newbie but that's how i dealt with them
and plants at that age don't need watering every 2 days, sorry i meant that much water every 2 days

P

Purfict

fungus gnats start in the soil so quit torturing your leaves.
use DE or aquabac {what i use to great success)
as above, let the top couple inches dry out as that is where them pricks lay the egg
i'm only a newbie but that's how i dealt with them
Yea, I must not have great drainage because I waited a whole 6 days in between watering thinking that was enough but clearly wasn’t.

H

hilbert

I add a ridiculous amount of D.E. to my 5 gallon pots. Like, 1 red solo cup per gallon of media.

No gnats.

P

Purfict

I add a ridiculous amount of D.E. to my 5 gallon pots. Like, 1 red solo cup per gallon of media.

No gnats.
Thinking i’m gonna do that tomorrow morning, even if the dr zymes works.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Fungas gnats killed my last grow. I panicked bought first thing that said it killed them and larvae. I neem oiled my plants at lights on. The bottle said apply in morning or evening. Burnt the fuck out of the plants. I got diamatious earth just waiting for them to try something again. Fuck fungas gnats!

P

Purfict

Fungas gnats killed my last grow. I panicked bought first thing that said it killed them and larvae. I neem oiled my plants at lights on. The bottle said apply in morning or evening. Burnt the fuck out of the plants. I got diamatious earth just waiting for them to try something again. Fuck fungas gnats!
hoping these plants can pull through, I can notice all of them are affected but the one in the second picture her leaves are twisting severely.

H

hilbert

Another thing you can do is fill the bottom 1-2 inches and top 1-2 inches of your media with pure sand or perlite. I used to put about 2 inches of sand at the bottom of every pot, fill the pot with my soil/perlite mix and plant, then add another 1-2 inches of pure perlite to the top of the pot. That way, the grubs that grow in the dirt cant get in or out through the sand/perlite.

Last edited:
BB22

BB22

hoping these plants can pull through, I can notice all of them are affected but the one in the second picture her leaves are twisting severely.

Hey brother, or ma’am, sorry, lol.

I’m a new grower and I don’t think your twisting leaves are from gnats.

I think it’s light stress . like I said I’m a new grower maybe somebody else will chime in ✌️

Dadman86

Dadman86

Your handling it right though. I don't think they can do to much damage quickly. You got time to figure out what works. Diatomaceous earth bro I guess they can't stand the shit. I think you can top dress with it. I don't know for sure but that's what I'm going with if the bastards ever come back to the hood.

P

Purfict

Hey brother, or ma’am, sorry, lol.

I’m a new grower and I don’t think you’re twisting leaves are from Nats.

I think it’s light stress . like I said I’m a new grower maybe somebody else will chime in
I could see why it looks that way, with the twisting and curling, but I was able to notice it because they changed during their nighttime with no light. I’m a new grower too, that’s why I like to give my reasonings for things in case anyone else has similar problems.

H

hilbert

BB22 might be right as well. What light, what distance and what intensity do you have it set to?

P

Purfict

Your handling it right though. I don't think they can do to much damage quickly. You got time to figure out what works. Diatomaceous earth bro I guess they can't stand the shit. I think you can top dress with it. I don't know for sure but that's what I'm going with if the bastards ever come back to the hood.
Yea, I was lucky enough to get a single serving of dr zymes but the diatom earth is gonna be the star of the show. I should have known to replace that oscillating fan right when it went out.

Top Bottom