Fungal Tea W/ Cap's Bennies

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Anyone brewing fungal teas with Cap's Bennies? If so, what's your recipe?

outwest

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

I don't use caps bennies but I throw some powdered oats and ewc together and moisten and let sit for a week and add it to the tea. I'm thinking it could be used the same with his bennies. Just remember to give the fungi a head start as they take longer to produce

S

Schwoop

Jeen's on point there to produce a fungal tea, that's one of the best ways to produce Fungi, as for the caps Bennies in there, use them as you would in any ACT, add them a hr or 2 before you use the tea. That's when I add Mollases as well, real Mollases not the Earth Juice Hi Brix, that's chocked full of Phos Acid and will jack your ph and actually kill bennies.

catdaddy

catdaddy

That's when I add Mollases as well, real Mollases not the Earth Juice Hi Brix, that's chocked full of Phos Acid and will jack your ph and actually kill bennies.
its kind of funny you said that. i use hi brix and it brings my ph from 6.5 down to 5.1. thought i was bugging but after i added the bennies to the water my ph didn't move but when tested ph after adding hi brix shit went way down.
tbh after i brewed my tea and tested ph, i thought my pen was broken. thought about scrapping the pen but didn't, good thing i decided to keep it.

catdaddy

catdaddy

yeah im thinking of phing my water by at least 1 point before i drop the tea on it.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I also ditched the high brix a while back. Gonna try the oatmeal/ewc combo, that's exactly what I was looking for. . . Gonna grow me a fungal beard.

outwest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
the fungi spores can take 3-4 days to germinate, so yeah you coudl start them on oatmeal like others do. Otherwise the spores will germinate in the soil. black strap molasses is good. You can also use yeast and glucose as a food source.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Any recommendations on which brand of yeast or glucose and how much?

I have bought several different feed store molasses and some drops the ph and some doesn't, still learning what the heck is going on..

Cheers

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Any recommendations on which brand of yeast or glucose and how much?

I have bought several different feed store molasses and some drops the ph and some doesn't, still learning what the heck is going on..

Cheers

I can certainly try to find out. How are those Wilmas coming along? They must be about the point where you have a favorite...

Latest posts

Top Bottom