Fungas Gnats?

• Thread starter pookie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pookie

i picked up a clone of mendo breath the other day from a supposdly a good clone vendor in mi the other day to fund fungus gnats...wil a nice tea with foiliar and root pack (also worm compost ,alfa alfa meal , and some unsulfured molasses do the trick

H

happy b

Not sure but i doubt it.iv just ordered some nematodes.theyr very efficient at eradicating them.and theyr not expensive.well not here in the UK so i doubt they would be much more expensive anywere else.

stonestacker

stonestacker

What kind of a grow system are you running. I had a hell of a time breaking their cycle with my dtw in rock wool.

juicey

juicey

I've used 2 full strength tea doses at the root zone with foliar and root pack and I've seen a dramatic decrease in there population. Also have sticky traps and I'm running in coco.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Im sure sea maiden will be here soon.
I caught a single fungus gnat in my veg room and i freaked out trying to kill him haha. Good luck

soserthc1

soserthc1

Gnatrol is the cure works like a charm :D biowar is good stuff but didn't take out fliers

5.5 grams heavy infestations per gal twice in separate weeks then 2.3 grams the third week . add yellow stickys to catch the adults

S

Scorpius

The best treatment I have found for fungus gnats is Azatrol. It is a triterpenoid extracted from Neem seeds. It is OMRI certified. You put it in your water and water the plants with it. It has a latency of 100 hours, after which you may need a second application to fully get rid of them.
Actually, in my experience, with fungus gnats endemic during monsoon season, you will never completely get rid of them until fall but you can keep them mostly suppressed. Some will always find mold in the bathroom or kitchen to lay eggs...
I also put it in the water in my germination dish, with 2.5" coir pots and soil. This is normally a significant breeding ground for fungus gnats and the Azatrol will keep them at bay. Same goes for cloning trays. Dilute Azatrol will not harm seedlings or clones.
Azatrol will control numerous cannabis pests through a broad-spectrum action, acting as a hormone to disrupt feeding and reproduction. Contact with the dilute solution will render fungus gnats immobile (possibly dead) and will certainly inhibit their reproduction. It kills larvae by inhibiting their feeding impulse and by outright preventing them from molting into gnats. It can be used as a foliar spray and is superior to any pesticide you can use, both from a toxicity perspective and because it is organic.
It's great stuff but I will reach through the computer and bitch-slap you if you even think about spraying it on budding cannabis! It is a severe irritant and smoking cannabis contaminated with this stuff could almost literally cause you to cough up a lung and get bronchitis! Insect based pest control for pests on the foliage can be effectively treated with predatory insects and the only thing you should use after budding is underway, if you have a conscience.
Don't get it on your skin, especially in concentrated form. You might wish you had poison ivy instead.

Top Bottom