fungus from the miracle grow(on me!)

• Thread starter old.Ford
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
old.Ford

old.Ford

I don't know if anyone has had this happen to them, but I am dealing with it now. I started my first grow last summer and I am growing indoors with miracle grow potting soil. Well, I didn't wear gloves and went about me gardening with joy in my heart . Then it happened. From digging into the soil with my hands, I noticed that I had a tender spot under the nail on the side of my finger nail. It seemed to be just a spot from maybe a little dirt or something under my nail , but it stayed around and I couldn't get it out. I used anti-bacterial soap and cleaned my nail and cuticle well and put Hydrogen peroxide on it but I just couldn't get it. Now it seems to be getting larger and has discolored the side of my nail bed under the nail. The little splinter sort of pain went away and weeks later I noticed that there was a brownish thing growing under the side of my nail . It grew and was pushing my nail away from the bed. It didn't grow under the nail , but just up the side. Well when I clipped my nail away it was like a little piece of wood sticking up about 1/8th to 1/4 inch above my nail. When I cut it off and attempted to get it out it just sliced off like cutting a mushroom. Turns out it was a fungus that had gotten under my nail and was growing away. My doctor has given me some stuff to put on it and hopefully that will do it. The moral of this story is. If you are growing in non-sterilized mediums WEAR GLOVES ! it could have been something really dangerous to my health and it may still be. Be careful out there.....Out, old.Ford

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Haha..I dont wear gloves. Unless Im building a snowman...How did the Doctor say this has accured? I suppose your wearing gloves now..hehe

take care and be safe

old.Ford

old.Ford

4u2smoke, The Dr said it must have been something that just got under my nail, and found me to be an excellent growing medium...Damn I could jam a seed under there and germ it. The only way to get it out thoroughly is to remove the nail but, No Thanks !....I got a camera for the holidays and I will try to figure out how to post a couple of photos of my next grow..If the seeds ever arrive. I will stick my finger in there with the photos. It is pretty strange.

M

Mr.

Crazy about your fungus finger. At least you didn't have a marijuana seed sprout in your lung. The guy in the link above had similar experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom