Fungus Gnat Problem - Help

• Thread starter Phoenix911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phoenix911

Phoenix911

Hello, have the start of gnat flies in my coco coir grow. I have now got the sticky pads, I was also going to order some Mosquito Bits and leave them to soak in water for 60 minutes before drenching my plants after letting my coco dry more than usual. My question is can I add my bio Bizz nutrients to this mix with the mosquito bits water as my plants are in their first week of flower.

thanks

Moshmen

Moshmen

There’s a few threads goin right now on pest control use the search feature - in the end I’m not a coco user so not much help. But gnats are just a pain shouldn’t hurt your grow - also not sure I’d let the coco dry out

Phoenix911

Phoenix911

There’s a few threads goin right now on pest control use the search feature - in the end I’m not a coco user so not much help. But gnats are just a pain shouldn’t hurt your grow - also not sure I’d let the coco dry out
Thank you. I’ve searched but I can’t seem to find any article to confirm if I am ok to use mosquito bits in my nutrient solution.

hopefully someone comes across this post soon who knows enough to answer.

thanks

Dosifry

Dosifry

It’s only one watering to apply the m bits? If so I’d just hit them. Your plants won’t freak out if there’s no nutes in one watering. Unless of course the application of the mosquito bits requires you to drench so much to the point that your doing a serious flush. If your just soaking the root ball I wouldn’t worry about the nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can just crush and sprinkle them ontop. That way each watering is helping.... did this once a month for another grower and with stickies was very effective.

I'm far from a bug expert so I'd poke around and see what others say also.

quirk

quirk

Thank you. I’ve searched but I can’t seem to find any article to confirm if I am ok to use mosquito bits in my nutrient solution.

hopefully someone comes across this post soon who knows enough to answer.

thanks
A drench derived from mosquito bits will have no effect on your nutrient solution. At the same time the BT in the drench will coat the plant roots and kill the gnat larvae that are feeding on them. Spreading the bits on top of your medium, then watering, will be much less effective in getting the BT bacterium to coat your roots. I would suggest two drenches 5 days apart.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Fungus Gnats breed in the water trapped in your medium. To get rid of them, till the top inch of your medium and let the top 2 inches dry out if you are in soil.
You can also apply some LC Plant Therapy to the soil before you till it in. BE VERY CAREFUL in mixing. Too strong a mixture will affect your plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A drench derived from mosquito bits will have no effect on your nutrient solution. At the same time the BT in the drench will coat the plant roots and kill the gnat larvae that are feeding on them. Spreading the bits on top of your medium, then watering, will be much less effective in getting the BT bacterium to coat your roots. I would suggest two drenches 5 days apart.
Good to know thank you. We did crash and found it was a bit difficult to dissolve so after that we just crushed and put on top. It's quite possible the first application was effective and the top dressing did nothing? Idk

Observationist

Observationist

Gonna read through this, I think my FFOF brought in some gnats, I’ve used garden safe fungicide and insecticide and I’ve used some kind of insecticidal soap, I still that them what do.

Observationist

Observationist

Fungus Gnats breed in the water trapped in your medium. To get rid of them, till the top inch of your medium and let the top 2 inches dry out if you are in soil.
You can also apply some LC Plant Therapy to the soil before you till it in. BE VERY CAREFUL in mixing. Too strong a mixture will affect your plants
Thanks, ima try something

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We have since discovered that you should use the PT full strength up until a week before harvest.
Just be sure and rinse the plant afterwards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom