Fungus Gnats in Coco

• Thread starter roasthawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Mosquito dunks have not worked well for me, but just got Caps Bennies and have applied once. I notice the fliers run like hell... but still seeing plenty of larvae. Will apply every 5-7 days though, to keep the battle going. Fungus Gnats are a pain.

How did this all end?? still battling? ever win?

greenboot

greenboot

Mosquito dunks have not worked well for me, but just got Caps Bennies and have applied once. I notice the fliers run like hell... but still seeing plenty of larvae. Will apply every 5-7 days though, to keep the battle going. Fungus Gnats are a pain.

How did this all end?? still battling? ever win?
I had the same problem for years, just solved this last year, 1 word (gnatrol) it's in powder form..i throw 8 oz's of Gnatrol in 44 gal rez, and watered,,, and done.. I reused my coco for the 4 times back 2 back , not one bug flying around three runs straight and counting.. everything dead ,, 1 application,, all organic problem solved

greenboot

greenboot

ya seriously didn't have any luck with gnatrol? did ya reapply 5 days apart as a drench?should be effective bro, never had issues with it before.

neverbreak
i concurre gnatrol is the truth for fungus gnats..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You need to use the foliar pack at full strength in order to kill FG larvae. You only need to saturate the top couple inches of soil. 2 applications spaced four days apart. I also like to use a p bomb to kill all the flyers. I haven't seen a fungus gnat in nearly a year with 72 3x6 beds full of coco... But I use a lot of Biowar at full concentrate once a week. This is not cost effective for a lot of people but I feel the end product (quality/quantity) and not having bugs to deal with makes up for it somehow.

sixstring

sixstring

You need to use the foliar pack at full strength in order to kill FG larvae. You only need to saturate the top couple inches of soil. 2 applications spaced four days apart. I also like to use a p bomb to kill all the flyers. I haven't seen a fungus gnat in nearly a year with 72 3x6 beds full of coco... But I use a lot of Biowar at full concentrate once a week. This is not cost effective for a lot of people but I feel the end product (quality/quantity) and not having bugs to deal with makes up for it somehow.
When you say full st do have a dosage?is it just a quick mix and pour off to separate from talc or a brewed tea?
I have some but im too lazy to brew teas i want the right away formula for stuff lol.

B

Burned Haze

Mosquitoe dunks (non powder) : can you tea the non powder versions (overnight or longer )
and have it tea enough to work just like the powder version of gnatrol ?

Teaing easily and quick just like the powder version :would make sense since you apply it to ponds and such, just didnt want to assume it's that fast

This is what I have:
http://www.horsesupplies.com/item/summit-mosquito-bits/E002332/?srccode=GPHRSSUP&gclid=CNWXi5iauswCFZGIaQodW7wMtg&kwid=productads-adid%5E46254876782-device%5Em-plaid%5E18283950120-sku%5E188078@ADL4HORSESUP-adType%5EPLA

W

whocares

Hey cap do you have any tips for when your using the biowar at full strength. I was doing full strength 8oz. Per 2 gal pot. After several weeks my pots drainage slowed considerably. At first i was letting it sit 10 minutes and scooping off the top but it still seemed like to much talc. Then i tried 15 minutes but still to much talc.

Top Bottom