Fungus Gnats In Hydro Ton?

• Thread starter SodaLicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cephalopod

cephalopod

Plastic tub in-line on the intake, with a towel or some sorts of fabric to wick up water and kept flush to the interior walls as to pull and force the air through. You could also add soap/bleach to keep that water clean and freshen your air a little. credit to crooked8 for the idea

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Update with pics. This is the start of week 3 in the system first week was just water and light as high as it would go. Second week was light feed. Third week is full feed.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I have a brownish foam floating on top of my reservoir. I added general hydro cal mag to my nutrient solution this round. I've never used it before. I believe the foam is from the cal mag as it was very brown in color. Anyone have experience with this product?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not that specific product, but most of them are very similar. The 'cal-mag' product I've used was brown, Calplex is brown, BioLink 6% Ca is brown. The foam is likely dissolved organic compounds (aka DOCs) that have attached to air bubbles. I bet you can stir the bubbles back in if you do it gently enough.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nope, nothing to worry about at all.

potter007

potter007

if im not mistaken this is why i stopped doing DWC.. or the bugs like transparent and on the top of the water.. like hopping or skimming across the tops. i used black buckets and it was easier to see.

honestly i tried it all even bleach(the system not the plants).. and i think the problem is in the rock wool or plug where the clone or seed started.. this is just my opinion. I also used hygrozyme, the dish soap, and other money draining solutions to no avail. I also had problems with temps also which i thought was the issue.. part of my young days. im sure someone will toon in with more help.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

if im not mistaken this is why i stopped doing DWC.. or the bugs like transparent and on the top of the water.. like hopping or skimming across the tops. i used black buckets and it was easier to see.

honestly i tried it all even bleach(the system not the plants).. and i think the problem is in the rock wool or plug where the clone or seed started.. this is just my opinion. I also used hygrozyme, the dish soap, and other money draining solutions to no avail. I also had problems with temps also which i thought was the issue.. part of my young days. im sure someone will toon in with more help.
Thanks for checking it out. I think in my particular situation I was jumping to conclusions before I had any evidence. After close inspection and the deployment of sticky traps I was able to rule out any infestation. My DWC system isn't quite DWC. It's more like half way between deep water and shallow water recirculating type system. The buckets are elevated above the reservoir slightly and there is only about 4" of water in the buckets. I have more concerns about this brown slime on some of the roots. Tomorrow I will take pictures of it tomorrow.

Anyone using h2o2 in their RDWC?

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I haven't found much info on using it. I've read a few drops to 1 ml per gall. Can you help me with a ratio?
I have CLO2 test strips and ORP monitor. I wouldn't use any oxidisers without test strips and/or ORP monitor. Too many variables in concentrations. I use the red tablets from resetstore.com.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

So back to h2o2 then. I have 29% h2o2. How much should I use in a 30 gallon reservoir RDWC?

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

So after draining and flushing the system the brown slime is gone. I've decided not to use the cal mag from General hydroponics again. Here is a update from last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom