Fungus Gnats Larvae in Rockwool

• Thread starter Grapefruitroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

What up farmers!
Whats the best way to treat FG in rockwool?
I cant access any BTI in liquid form I just got the granulated ones...is it ok to spread it on the cubes?
I could get some nematodes Steinernema feltiae that they are supposed to apply to the soil with water drench so im not sure if they could live in my reservoir....
Could i trow some granules in the res? The granulated product contains BTI but also some food attractant for baitin the larvae...not sure how this will interact in the res...
Any suggestions?
Situation is not bad, plnts still very healthy but it def time to address the problem....sticky traps are already in place and ina week I catched just 3 o 4 of em....

In the same rockwool room i have also a couple moms in coco....do u think i should get rid of em?
Thanks yall! 💚

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Thanks for the reply
The product i have i think must be pretty similar
But a year ago i tryed to treat the flower room (soil) preparing a teabag with a half cup of those granules, lefted in the mixing tank for few watering but i couldnt notice any improvement at the point that i then decided to apply a table spoon straight into the pot...
After few days...problem solved.
I taugh that they were effective only if the larvae was actually feedin on it, but honestly i could b wrong, prolly the cause the failure of the soaking method is because i didnt use enought ?!? a half cup x roughly 19 gallons....mmm...Or maybe i should have waited more?!
On the product is said that the granules are baits full of BTI and i noticed that they turn into mold (green, blue red...sugars?) when decomposing on soil (no side effect on soil) so i was wondering if theyr any different from the mosquito dunks that i think its just cork with BTI?!? have u ever seen a mosquito dunk crumble mold? i dont recall...
I trew some on a small cube to test and they molded too....the plnt seems fine but before treatin everyone i was wondering if in rockwool could be a problem havin some mold growin on top of it....
Or maybe i should just get the mosquito bits a call it done! 😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks like you can sprinkle the granules on the soil like mosquito bits and water in.

I stopped using dunks (never got bits) because one packet worked and the next didnt. So i got microbe lift bti and used 4 drops per gallon a while even with my nutrient mix and i havent seen a fungus gnat since.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Wow this microbe lift seems TOP....but is there one called specifically MicrobeLift bti? i cant find it! seems thers many versions...

Greenersideoflife

Greenersideoflife

What up farmers!
Whats the best way to treat FG in rockwool?
I cant access any BTI in liquid form I just got the granulated ones...is it ok to spread it on the cubes?
I could get some nematodes Steinernema feltiae that they are supposed to apply to the soil with water drench so im not sure if they could live in my reservoir....
Could i trow some granules in the res? The granulated product contains BTI but also some food attractant for baitin the larvae...not sure how this will interact in the res...
Any suggestions?
Situation is not bad, plnts still very healthy but it def time to address the problem....sticky traps are already in place and ina week I catched just 3 o 4 of em....

In the same rockwool room i have also a couple moms in coco....do u think i should get rid of em?
Thanks yall! 💚
T Drops work good for medium pest prevention. Very easy to use, 40 drops per 25 gallons

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Im reading that also the predatory mite Hypoaspis miles can be used on in rockwool gardens.
I used them before in soil and they are very effective against gnats....
I can get em pretty cheap so i think im gona go for em meanwhile i play with dunks and try to score some liquid BTI ...
Good tips on the microbelift...seems that they sell lots enzymes and probiotic inoculant too! cool....

Top Bottom