Fungus Gnats - Mosquito Dunk + Nutrient Solution

• Thread starter Brandon.Edward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brandon.Edward

Hi folks.

So, I have an infestation of fungus gnats.

I'm growing in Coco/perlite mix, 70/30.

How would I go about mixing in mosquito dunks with my nutrient solution anyways? Does it matter in what order?

Mosquito dunk solution first, let it sit out for an hour or so, then add nutes/cal mag etc so said solution?
Or Nutes, calmag, then add mosquito dunk/bits to that?

Or do I have to separate these from 2 different feedings?

Thanks for any replies/help in advance, I appreciate it.

S

sinse

Hi folks.

So, I have an infestation of fungus gnats.

I'm growing in Coco/perlite mix, 70/30.

How would I go about mixing in mosquito dunks with my nutrient solution anyways? Does it matter in what order?

Mosquito dunk solution first, let it sit out for an hour or so, then add nutes/cal mag etc so said solution?
Or Nutes, calmag, then add mosquito dunk/bits to that?

Or do I have to separate these from 2 different feedings?

Thanks for any replies/help in advance, I appreciate it.

BTI (Mosquito dunks) work great at getting rid of fungus gnats, I've had 100% success with two grows, zero gnats after using, and I had them bad...

I use the Mosquito Bits (same thing just crushed up) to make a "tea" per the package instructions. Basically, you soak the bits in water for an hour of two, strain and add to your soil. Bye Bye Fungus gnats !

Side note: if after using BTI you still see flying insects, it could be a much more dangerous infestation. Root Aphid "flyers" look a lot like fungus gnats and BTI will not get rid of them at all... You can clap your hands and kills flying Fungus Gnats easily, but if the flies are a little smaller and smarter (dodging the clapped hand of death) then they aint Fungus Gnats.

https://summitchemical.com/products/mosquito-bits/

Latest posts

Top Bottom