Fungus gnats

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've been away for a little over a week, hoping the nematodes have kept numbers down. Still need to go downstairs and check, see what's happened in the week we've been gone.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

go to the dollar store and buy vinegar bottles, fill 1/4 full with white vinegar and leave the tops off, place around your plants and watch them fill with there dirty little fearsome bodies lol, I think other types of vinegar will also work.

54353.jpg

or do nothing if you don't have swarms, most of the time we just co-exist as the numbers are small and I can live with that. The best soloution is to not top water or water a little less.

You can also use a neem drench on the soil and your plants will love it.

The yellow stickey's are very good, you just need to use them from the start, most of the time it's from a couple of plants.

You can use mosquito dunks in your water

mosquito_dunks_group_450w.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, in my scenario, two treatments with the nematodes allowed damn near everything enough breathing room to get some good growth on. The mother still looks like shit, for which I hold my head down in shame and frustration--why would the most mature plant in the room suffer the most? I also used the cinammon, but was in a huge hurry because Dave was called in earlier for his surgery, but things smelled really good when I was done and I see many fewer fliers (didn't notice any yesterday, in fact). The cinnamon seems to have had the most immediate effect.

I was hoping DiPel would be the ticket, but it's the wrong species for use against them.

indonesia

indonesia

what about a couple tablespoons of 29%hydrogen peroxide in a gallon of water? i used this solution in a spraybottle just for the surface soak. seemed to do something.

Top Bottom