Fungus Gnats

• Thread starter jonnyseeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jonnyseeds

jonnyseeds

Ok so we are 4 weeks in veg and have the yellow sticky traps up, any other recommendations
Soil is moist bout 5" down
All excess water is wet vac
Out - usually water once every 3rd day

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I fixed tour misspelled title

I use a product called Promos. Been using it for 3+yrs will 100% results.

The 1st 3 waterings of any new soil or 1st sign of an issue, add 1-2ml max per gallon and water as normal. No more fg.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The 1st 3 waterings of any new soil or 1st sign of an issue, add 1-2ml max per gallon and water as normal. No more fg.
Gnatrol here..but Ima gonna try The Promos too..Thanx..^^

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I recently used mosquito bits with decent results. Itā€™s BT.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...quito+bits&dpPl=1&dpID=516VQV9atkL&ref=plSrch
I also bought some of this (also BT) and had my wife use it on her house plants because the gnats had invaded them as well and, I wanted to test it first lol.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007...=1519175642&sr=8-13&keywords=mosquito+control

Both worked good no problems.
The gnat population is pretty low now and they really arenā€™t that big of a deal for me in soil.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Mosquito dunks (bt in donut form) I crumble them up & dress bottom of new pots soil with a lil when transplanting to keep them from going for the drain holes & dress the top soil the same after I'm done transplanting. I haven't had a gnat problem since I started using them.

One time I used a product called "go-gnats" it was cedar oil based I believe. Made my rooms smell like a closet in an alpine cabin lol. But it did work for a spring time infestation. I've stuck with the dunks treatment ever since as a preventative.

RTB

RTB

Tried a Google search with no luck, got a link by chance?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

You need fungus gnat nematados and sticky yellow traps.the nemztodes are pretty cheap.
if your in the UK pm me and i'll give u details were to get em.shouldnt be too hard to get em in thd USA.
Iv been battling FG for years and theyr the thing i find works best .

Top Bottom