Funky Bags

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sometimes there is a funky bag. You know the one. You open it, it may be a greyish color, and it stinks like some awful funky sulfur socks.

The packs have moisture and nutrient broth to keep many of the cultures are in a live state at the time of packing. I know the bags say "spores" but that was a labeling requirement. Actually, many of the species are CFU's (colony forming units). As such, sometimes the off gassing due to metabolic process can be strong.

If you open the bag and it is grey and horrid smelling, let it air out if you can (just leave it open for a few hours) and the smell will calm down and the pack will go back to a cream colored instead of greyish.

If you prefer to send it back, it will be replaced.

I am going to have these packed with a small pinhole from now on so they can air out and hopefully we can avoid this problem.

Cheers and happy gardening!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
FAE ( Fresh air Exchange ) is usually the best way to combat competing molds ( assuming thats the case here ) Sounds like if its a Grey mold it could be just cobweb mold from lack of FAE , peroxide will kill that.

Cheers :D

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

most of my packs came with tiny pinholes in them...no problems Cap;)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Def smelled some poop in a nute pack. It was Grey as well! But as cap said, couple hours later I checked it out ... Smelled fine and was cream again!

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

My packs swell after iv opened them...never noticed the discoloration or oder but there is definitely off gassing.....I had always wondered if I had contaminated them somehow.... good to know.

Black Lab

Black Lab

I thought I smelled a fart when I opened the last foliar pack. Everything inside was dry and powdery but still let off some stink.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Sounds like really active in a great way I bet those teas blow up in population quick

EVOKE

EVOKE

i hate it when my girl farts in bed... silent but deadly...

Top Bottom