Funky fan leaves missing parts

• Thread starter Coastalgrow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coastalgrow1

Coastalgrow1

Hey guys I’ve noticed some of my fan leaves are looking a bit funky. They have had a couple moments of real heat and lack of water in past but those problems have been solved. Wondering if maybe these are from when new growth was forming during those times. What do you guys thinks. Using RO water so ph have been 6ish constantly.

Funky fan leaves missing parts
Funky fan leaves missing parts 2
Funky fan leaves missing parts 3
Funky fan leaves missing parts 4
visajoe1

visajoe1

Yep, it was from when the issues were happening, its fine. Ph issues tend to cause twisting or malformed leaves like that. The new growth looks fine

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How long have these issues been corrected? Kinda looks like you may be heading to a lockout but can't say for sure.

Still see some signs of heat stress on the upper leaves.

Can you give your feed practices info?

Coastalgrow1

Coastalgrow1

I
How long have these issues been corrected? Kinda looks like you may be heading to a lockout but can't say for sure.

Still see some signs of heat stress on the upper leaves.

Can you give your feed practices info?
I use jacks hydro and always feed the same throughout veg and flower never with any probs for years. The heat was correct about 4 days ago. Was getting above 90 consistently and now staying around 80.

Coastalgrow1

Coastalgrow1

They also went too long without water just the day before. Had been away and they were super dried out. Watered them last night and took pics this morning.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They also went too long without water just the day before. Had been away and they were super dried out. Watered them last night and took pics this morning.
Give them some time. New growth looks ok. Lighten up a bit on the feed, nothing drastic small changes at a time. The older damaged leaves will get worse. Watch new growth or other healthy leaves to make sure the issue is not continuing. It should not spread to new leaves. Give it a week unless you notice this spreading. Upping your humidity can help ease heat stress 60% RH would probably serve you well

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just wanna add that you may be seeing over feeding because of the temps. The plants will drink much more in higher temps without a higher RH

Coastalgrow1

Coastalgrow1

Awesome ya I’m thinking they will recover after some time. No clue how but figured out there was literally a heater on in the bathroom in same room as grow and that’s why it was getting above 90 consistently. Added a bigger out take fan and lowered ac also and temps have been 79-84. I attached some pics of the entire plants. 6 plants

138351F3 B0C2 4F8F 8192 2EE2B32F17AA
0726687D 7822 4F91 BEEF 31F66BA20339
A7BDECA2 151C 438A A854 5E21AE1E9058
62875090 E7E0 4F4E 83A7 D6B6A8AE10C0
8B2F9DF3 E39A 46FC BABC 65869F7D19AA
1B5D538A 0F28 486B B786 49F962ECEC8B
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

My tent regularly gets over 90 degrees with no heat issues so far (in veg right now). Over 90 burnt yours? We also have had several 100+ days and my outdoor has done fine as well. Are you sure it was heat?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Awesome ya I’m thinking they will recover after some time. No clue how but figured out there was literally a heater on in the bathroom in same room as grow and that’s why it was getting above 90 consistently. Added a bigger out take fan and lowered ac also and temps have been 79-84. I attached some pics of the entire plants. 6 plants
Yeah they will be fine.
My tent regularly gets over 90 degrees with no heat issues so far (in veg right now). Over 90 burnt yours? We also have had several 100+ days and my outdoor has done fine as well. Are you sure it was heat?
Heat is not as much of an issue with higher RH. It's the leaf temps that are the key. Higher RH, evaporative cooling, forced cooling like fans, and IR from lights all affect this. Therefore you can have greatly varying air temps with the same leaf temps and vice versa.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Yeah they will be fine.

Heat is not as much of an issue with higher RH. It's the leaf temps that are the key. Higher RH, evaporative cooling, forced cooling like fans, and IR from lights all affect this. Therefore you can have greatly varying air temps with the same leaf temps and vice versa.
RH-radiant heat?

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Led lighting with decent airflow? Also some genetics do better.
1000w halide running at 50% power. Flowering will be the real test to see how they handle the heat. I’ll eventually run a portable AC but can’t afford it right now

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Our outdoor humidity is only 18% today
Yeah but you can't compare outdoor changing light intensities, winds, shade etc to indoor steady environment. Like I say IR and all those factors make a huge difference. Take an IR temp gun and check the leaf temps throughout the day they change a lot. Indoors not so much.

Top Bottom