Funkygs Perpetual Grow Diary(no Till/quantum Boards)

• Thread starter FunkyG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FunkyG

I have not been updating because I didn't think many were interested, felt like I was mostly talking to myself on this site. I've also been extremely busy with my work and just haven't had time.

So, the garden.. Man the garden has been through hell and back through no fault of my own. However, I finally feel like I have things back under control as of this week and am really proud of where the garden is.

About a week after I started this journal we were slammed here with a freak windstorm that knocked out power for nearly a week. I lost the Orange Hill Special but managed to save 4 plants by shining a flashlight on them to extend the growing day.

I also got an extra treat of fungus gnats in my soil I purchased from BAS. During this time they exploded and have done a number to my plants ever since. However, I finally have them under control after a regiment of Neem/Karanja/BTi and what finally did it was removing my mulch and replacing it with Gnat Gnix.

This allowed me to continue top watering with neem, etc to kill the cycle and I think I'm finally over them. The last time I beat them back I let off thinking I had won only to wake up one morning and find them exploding all over the tent(they were hiding out in the mulch).

My plan is after harvest and I'm 100% sure the gnat problem is solved to remove the top layer of gnat gnix, rinse it, and save it for the next time I might need it. Regrow my cover crop and bring back the mulch layer.

Despite being a little frustrated with BAS they've been pretty good about the situation, claimed fault, have changed their process a bit, to include a period of sterilization in the beginning. As they believe they got them from one of their compost suppliers(can't remember which one they said). I'd recommend purchasing the 3.0 soil that gets this treatment if you're buying from BAS. They also offered me some freebies to make up for the pain.

And, if all that isn't enough, the stunted but frosty looking Gorilla Glue in the back left had its trunk split right down the center when my clip-on fan fell from the hook. I tied it together with some garden string and she kept on going.

Despite all that, the garden is looking pretty good. The young mothers have been devastated however by the fungus gnat larvae and I'm probably going to lose a Blue Dream, but I did save a Skywalker Kush and Girl Scout Cookies.

I'm watching them all very close to make sure they don't hermie from all the stress. Today we're gonna reduce light to 11/13 and run that all the way through harvest.

So, Gorilla Glue & LSD Week 5 Flower
20180110 201258
20180110 201305
20180110 201314

If people like the posts I'll keep making updates.

Last edited:
K

kansabis

Awesome man,I love your resilience and your plants. Sounds like your getting a handle on things. Keep it up!

Top Bottom