Funnel Cloning Method?

• Thread starter Oregonak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonak

Oregonak

Hello everyone! Years ago i came across a thread that described a method of cloning that involved the use of funnels.

Oxygenated solution was periodicaly pumped across the stems from the top of the funnels with the cuts in open air, no medium used.

The author claimed that he could make many more clones in a much smaller foot print than he could using traditional methods.

His reason for doing so was that his grows were sog with a four plant per square foot planting density and required that he have six to eight hundred cuttings ready every 30 days.

I dont have a need for those kind of numbers but ive always wanted to try the method. Unfortunately i cannot find any info on a "funnel" cloning tech. Anyone know anything about this technique?

Love

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I would love to see an example, It's kind of hard to mentally go through a setup Ive never heard of. I'm definitely curious about the method though. Google here I come

Oregonak

Oregonak

Thanks for the input sea and skinny... If i had to guess i would say it has been ten years or more since i saw the post. I have been tinkering with the idea of building it from memory and will describe what i remember.

Funnels were used above a reservoir, i want to say 75-100 cuts per funnel, i dont recall exactly how they were irrigated. I want to say multiple 1/4" lines fed from the top of the funnels. Solution was heavily aerated and cuts were not allowed to develop much past callus tissue, being transplanted to soil as soon as the first root nodules appeared and ushered into bloom almost immediately.

Cuts were arranged so that the cut end was near the center of the funnel, growth tip extending just past the outer lip of the funnel. There may have been a piece of viscuene cut in a circle and placed over cuts to block light, really cant recall. The length of the cuts seemed to correlate with the size of the funnels used.

Irrigation was similar to an aeroponic cloner, something along the lines of 5 min on 15 min off.

The only advantage i saw from this was the ability to make large numbers of cuts in a very small footprint. He did say that the technique was strain dependent, for both the method of propogation and the planting density.

I cant find pics or the original post anywhere on line. I'll try to build from what i can remember and try to post a pic. I know that someone else has to have seen the guys post. Dont remember the forum. The grower was getting some pretty crazy weights out of four per square foot planting density.

Would be a thing of beauty. Hopefully someday the insanity will end and we can all grow as many as we like without fear of being locked in a cage.

Love

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So for that many cuts one would be using something more like a canning funnel?

Latest posts

Top Bottom