furnace blowing smell into my house

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fadetoblack1

1. My medical grow is in my basement. whenever the furnace comes on I can smell weed smell coming up thru the vents. I am thinking about sealing off my furnace with a "ultility room" with dry wall, lots of caulk and an exterior door. will this do the trick?​

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I had the same problem because my exhaust was near my heater... I'm sure that would work just watch for heat issues and all that with the furnace.

I had a 15 sq ft space under my stairs, I switched that to a filter in and out lung room. Solved that and with the little room attached its fully sealed.

Good luck!

green punk

green punk

Id be careful sealing the furnace room off. Most places have codes ( minimum distance furnace or water heater from walls etc) which are in place so you don't burn your house down. The furnace needs to breath for combustible air. If your sealing anything it should be the grow. Maybe get a couple ona blocks put right by the return till the end of flower. Good Luck.

drbombay

drbombay

it is hard not knowing the relative volumes and air movement within the space. if you build a wall;make sure to bring an outside air supply for combustion. it sounds like you are running a hot air furnace blower filters are often really leaky around their edges. covering can help lots. the evil metal tape can stop flow across the duct. the smell is travelling the pressure gradient from high to low. my guess. read the greenpunk. above. fire is dangerous. so is carbon monoxide. co detectors are like 30 bucks. be safe bombay

marski420

marski420

Get a carbon filter bro with proper ventilation! (or 2 filters ect I dont know your set up) Seal up the grow room and ventilate it properly over sealing the furnace room. Again I dont know your set up but thats the way Id go, take care.

green punk

green punk

I have three scrubbers can 100's going and still can't contain the Alien funk coming from the room. Ona ( fresh linens) blocks are your friend in last 3 weeks. Put them in ducting or edge of where your fans blow. I also use 2 Living Air ozone air purifiers near the doors to help knock it down.
The real problems begin when the power goes out and your fans can't run.
Good Luck

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ona has probably kept me out of jail numerous times growing in the midwest and I grew stanky blue cheese for years 10 ft from neighboring houses. Especially if you for the extra money get the silent fan that top mounts the pales of ona crystals.
MW

Top Bottom