Furthur Live! for all my fellow deadheads..

• Thread starter strainman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just got back from seeing Furthur with Bob Weir and Phil Lesh of the Dead.. The show was great other than the fact that I got busted with a few grams after getting caught smoking in the parking lot...The pigs brought me to the station processed me and let me go enjoy the show after shaking me down for $250. Oh well it coulda been worse I hadda bunch of lucy in the sky that they never found lol... I woulda still been sitting up there.
Anyways heres some pics from the show up in Utica, it was an awesome set I'll be seeing them at Radiocity both nights aswell so I will post up more pics then...

Furthur 1
Furthur 2
Furthur 3
Furthur 4
Furthur 5
S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks RC, honestly I had such a great time that the bust didnt even ruin my night... and it was well worth the 8 hour drive it took to get there and back to get to see em up close in such a small venue.. They started with schoolgirl, played rambling rose, cumberland blues, cant get no satisfaction(stones cover),touch of grey, one more saturday night, I know you rider... and many other GD classics. I'm looking forward to the Radiocity shows for sure!

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks bro, yeah u shouldve definately checked this one out def worth it imho..
nothing but good vibes, cool peeps and great music! lemme know if your planning on attending the RC shows we will burn down some of that white x bubba #4!

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Here are some more shots from the other Furthur shows I caught... If anybody has the chance to see em I would def recomend it!
1st four shots are from Radio City
2nd three shots are Taj mahal AC
last shot is them taking a bow at Mohegan CT (didnt get any good shots)

Furthur RC
Furthur RC2
Furthur RC3
Furthur RC4
FurthurTaj
FurthurTaj2
FurthurTaj3
Furthur CT
L

luvinlife

killer pics strainman! i bet those were great shows....a bit better without the leo involved I'm sure!! lol Its always good to see folks at them smaller venues, its so up close and personal! I seen them as "The Dead" as the closer on the 4th at Rothbury last year and it was outta this world!

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah man thanks for checking out the pics I had an amazing time cant wait till they come back in the summer, already got my mailorder tix on the way lol...

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like you had a blast strain!! maybe we will get together on summer tour.. i should be out your way..gassing up the RV as we speak...

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
the dead rule, grew up listening to them since i was baby, saw em last summer and it was like a dream come true, Happy early 70 Phil, hopefully they play some more shows this summer, thanks for the pics, and all deadheads need to go to www.archive.org, they have mad amounts of live shows there, including the 44 minute rendition of darkstar cleveland dec-6 1973, they also have the last doors show ever from miami 1969, and a bunch of other awesome recordings,
Thanks for posting that site mike, they sure do got some awesome stuff... btw they have announced their summer tour already so cop your tix now! the winter tour sold out instantly.

looks like you had a blast strain!! maybe we will get together on summer tour.. i should be out your way..gassing up the RV as we speak...
Sure did bro thanks again, we should def get up for the summmer tour.. I alreeady got my tix for both PA shows and the 2 Brooklyn shows lemme know...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have to admit I'm a little jealous; glad to hear you had a great time! (other than the durn popo). Thanks for sharing the pics- helped me decide what I'm going to listen to while I clean the house today...

M

Mr_SLaTe

was this teh chicago shows??? i did ithica collage valentines day show, utica, ny aud...mohegen sun,ct...and they just keep getting better and better....i saw the 5 shows in december on the east coast and there has been a big improvement since then to now.....i see this band gaining momentum and going futhur fer sure...

anyone doing the phil lesh birthday bash in san fran next friday...wouldnt mind hooking up with some canna minded folks...i am flying out thursday and leaving sunday morning...catching the alcatraz tour friday morning, but besides that my schedule is wide open...

great pics, did they have any special posters just for them shows....or was it the truck poster that they been selling the tour....

M

Mr_SLaTe

was this teh chicago shows??? i did ithica collage valentines day show, utica, ny aud...mohegen sun,ct...and they just keep getting better and better....i saw the 5 shows in december on the east coast and there has been a big improvement since then to now.....i see this band gaining momentum and going futhur fer sure...

anyone doing the phil lesh birthday bash in san fran next friday...wouldnt mind hooking up with some canna minded folks...i am flying out thursday and leaving sunday morning...catching the alcatraz tour friday morning, but besides that my schedule is wide open...

great pics, did they have any special posters just for them shows....or was it the truck poster that they been selling the tour....

L

lime6161

Hey strainman, a question bout this further... is this the tour that psuedo jerry from dkst orc. is playin gutair? if not who is? i cant really tell by the pics. havent seen or herd anthing really, about any of this stuff. the last post jerry stuff ive seen was some phil mayb 97ish, warren hayes was there, dylan tour i think. its just not the same for me anymore, but this is gona be 10 min from my house. I might try to brave the lameness and check it out.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey strainman, a question bout this further... is this the tour that psuedo jerry from dkst orc. is playin gutair? if not who is? i cant really tell by the pics. havent seen or herd anthing really, about any of this stuff. the last post jerry stuff ive seen was some phil mayb 97ish, warren hayes was there, dylan tour i think. its just not the same for me anymore, but this is gona be 10 min from my house. I might try to brave the lameness and check it out.
Yeah bro the guys name is John Kadlecik, honestly he does an amazing job but I'm really there to see Bob and Phil.. Overall they sound great, personally I wasnt as fortunate to see the dead before Jerrys passing however my buddy is an og deadhead whos seen them countless times back in the day and he was more than impressed when we went to the RC shows...
The 2 percussionists they have are excellent
and Jeff Chimenti is insane with the keys! I cant recommend it enough I think any deadhead would approve..

C

CAPO

missing jerry.....

Hey-Hey deadheads...What's groovin?!

Wanted you guys who haven't seen some Jerry shows to go check out the fun. I have seen John Kaldecik play a lot of shows back 5,6,7 years ago. His love of the Dead just shines through in his music playing. About as much fun as some of the pre-Anastasio Phil and friends shows with Herring and Haynes!!!
I mean sometimes I could close my eyes and the wind just right......good stuff!!
The boys keep re-inventing themselves to keep playing, I know it's confusing but now with John on board, it seems they call it The Dead on Further Tour.
The best jam I witnessed was a warm up session with Bobby a few years back he was jammin with some world beat guys with horns and there were some rappers. It was truly some kind of Miles Davis wet dream or something. I wish he'd do more of that.

But anyway.. go go go to the show! Eat a dose for old CAPO!

I won't be shakin my bones just yet, I still need some time to get over losing Vince Wellnick.RIP......;(

Scull symbol
R

Radio_Dread

thanks for the great pics dude, have been followin tours with ratdog and others from begin off 2000 til 05 or so catching most shows all over. got my tour wings in 04. unfortunatly the only show i will prob be catching this year will be there set at all good this year. anys much love brother.

L

lime6161

Bob wier jammin is crazy enough but a hi lite? and missin vinnie, ive never herd such blastphomy. Sounds like attack of the skipjacks...

C

CAPO

hope falls short and I dig my own grave, I hear ya brother lime...blue ridge mountains were fun for a spell.....I guess I'll stay close to my garden.

p.s. is Bobby gettin younger?...............WEIRD

Top Bottom